Using M-Audio MobilePre

Cascoballa

If you could tell me everything you know about using this item and setting this thing up without using guitar only using microphone please let me know because I just got one?

set your inputs in the mixer software that came with your mobilepre.... plug in your mic....set phantom power either on or off, depending on your type of mic (condenser = on)....turn op the gain until your signal is loud enough....arm a recording track in your software.....go.

Got Hopes

Thanks, I just bought MXL 990 MIC, POP FILTER, Shockmount and The mobilepre so I think I should be all set to record as long as the mic has XLR but it should. So I just plug it in set up the software and plug in the mic and phantom power and should be good to go. I was thinking about getting some NADY QH-660, KOSS TITANIUM PRO3AA or Audio Technica Headphones. I don't know if the headphones matter but this should get me started with some better vocal recordings then my previous ones.

i have the pre

Cascoballa said:
Thanks, I just bought MXL 990 MIC, POP FILTER, Shockmount and The mobilepre so I think I should be all set to record as long as the mic has XLR but it should. So I just plug it in set up the software and plug in the mic and phantom power and should be good to go. I was thinking about getting some NADY QH-660, KOSS TITANIUM PRO3AA or Audio Technica Headphones. I don't know if the headphones matter but this should get me started with some better vocal recordings then my previous ones.

i have the mobile pre, it's pretty good, no room for upgrade, but i purchased it just for it's one channel and tracking capabilities. i also have the audio technika headphones, they are the shizznit.

Back