Turntable stop in reason?

dnkygirl

M42 Entertainment
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to do a turntable stop in reason 4? I have searched all over but am not finding anything....

Yes it can be done with the Subtractor and some simple parameter automation.

But exactly what do you want to do?

Make a sound like the needle being pushed over the record?

A song playing on a turntable and the whole thing slowing down?

Or something else?

If you can get a copy of Reason 4 Power, this book covers every parameter of every device in Reason. The chapter on the Subtractor describes this very effect.

These folks here may help as well
https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php

It's a very common sound heard in today's hip hop music. It's the sound of all music slowing down to a stop. The reason forum was the first place I looked and I found nothing. There are tons of folks using reason and doing all the commn effects. I'm surprised that I couldnt find a combinator setup already to do this trick. sometimes I feel like reason has way too many limitations... it lacks in the effects area and I don't want to spend hours trying to do something that I can do in a daw with a plugin.

don't you have pro tools? or any DAW will do it actually

Yes, I use protools as well, but lately I've been having alot of data loss issues with it. I try to work with it like I do reason, but something always seems to happen to my sessions. I've gone so far as to recreate my start template which is an absolute pain in the butt!!! I have a super fast machine, but it runs like trash with vista and protools running. Reason has been the quick and easiest way to lay down idea tracks...and even finals.. I transfer all my finals in to protools to use the audio tracks for vocals. I also like the easy workflow of reason..you don't have to be an engineer just to get a good sound from it or to really rip up samples. I don't know.. I'm still in the learning phase.. I suppose I will have to give in to the beast... and really start losing every session I work on... since I can't seem to do all the really kewl effects without spending hours trying to make different modules work together to do one thing...

elastic audio no. im using vari-fi to get the effect she is looking for (i was looking for the same thing and pro tools has it

elastic audio no. im using vari-fi to get the effect she is looking for (i was looking for the same thing and pro tools has it

Oh Snap! - That did it. Thanks! Does anyone know how to do it with Reason, since that was the original question?

Thanks Ill... yeah that works in protools... I've got change up my workflow to use it, but protools does offer more effects...

yes i know how to do it in reason to lol

if its a sample you can stick it in the redrum, nnxt or the nn19.
All you do is automate the pitch wheel to go lower and add a record scratch doing the same thing behind it (same effect but you can get more out of it).
It really is that simple for real lol
Oh and if you got some other pro tools questions let me know ;)

Yes!! this is exactly what I was trying to do, but Ill's protools trick works really well on vocals... I was able to chop of some vocals really easy then just dump them back into reason... here's what I was trying to do:

Shake it Like Jello

I'm still having an issue with timing... It's really hard to sync up vocals... I ended up using dr rex, because I can change the bpm using recycle... I probably should just dump this all into protools and use beat detective to correct the timing... I'm still learning.. guys...

Back