Turntable into pc

steve_huck

I am in the middle of putting together a small small home studio. I had a buddy give me a NUMARK tt-1700. It looks to be in good shape and has all the parts.

Can i scratch with just one turntable?
Im not even sure how it really works. Would you scratch with one side and play you song through the other?

I would want to hook my turntable up to my pc. I currently have a mixer hooked up to my pc to record with. How would i go about using software and such. I figure it would be possible to scratch on my table, and have my audio track coming from my pc.

I am in the middle of putting together a small small home studio. I had a buddy give me a NUMARK tt-1700. It looks to be in good shape and has all the parts.

Can i scratch with just one turntable?
Im not even sure how it really works. Would you scratch with one side and play you song through the other?

I would want to hook my turntable up to my pc. I currently have a mixer hooked up to my pc to record with. How would i go about using software and such. I figure it would be possible to scratch on my table, and have my audio track coming from my pc.

Yeah man, do you have a DJ mixer with phono inputs? Otherwise you won't have the right preamps to boost the signal coming from just a deck on its own. Either buy a cheap DJ mixer and come out of the line outputs into the line inputs on you normal desk, or a little RIAA preamp like the ART one...
As for scratching on one turntable yeah you just play a track from your PC through your desk and monitor it whilst recording just the scratching alone from the turntable. Use the "tape return to monitor" switch (or the equivalent on our desk) which basically means you can record the inputs on your desk without recording what our monitoring from your playback (PC)..
Hope that makes sense..
Dom...

Back