triton extreeeeeme!!

tone_aot

Owner of ToneJonez.com
Whasup fam. Any yall make beats on, or have made beats on the Triton Extreme? I love that keyboard!!! I think imma save up for it. I work with the Triton Le now(which is still a beast!) but it's the church's keyboard and i'd like to have my own triton. I bring the triton back and forth from the church most weeks. Feels better when your responsible for your own stuff, feel me? I like the motif's too, for the sounds(amazing). But as far as editing, i think the triton extreme has the motif. Thats just my opinion tho. The Motif Xs is a nasty beast tho!! Messed with the Fantom a lil bit too. It had some nasty sounds. Finally got to mess with an MPC but i'm happier with my triton!

the sounds are cheaper and for way less than a third of one of those you can have the sounds for all of them

Hehehehehe I love all mine!!!! Screw ever buying a workstation again...I might rent one and rip all the sounds off it tho.

I have several reasons for wanting the Triton Extreme. I play live most of the time. I really like the piano sound(besides the other 50 million sounds!). I also like the triton sequencers. I'm not knocking the mpc. It's just that the triton is what i know. I try to learn my equipment to the fullest before moving to new equipment. The sound cd's are probably ok, but that's not going to help me with live playing. Where do you get the sound cd's anyway? Never heard of that. U use those in reason and fl studio?

tone_aot said:
I have several reasons for wanting the Triton Extreme. I play live most of the time. The sound cd's are probably ok, but that's not going to help me with live playing. Where do you get the sound cd's anyway? Never heard of that. U use those in reason and fl studio?

not sure of how extensive open labs miko is ( http://www.openlabs.com/miko_p1.htm ) but from what i have been reading so far you could load the sounds from the motiff, the triton, and the fantom into one portable production station so playing live wouldnt be a problem. just an option tho. that would be the joint tho on station that could hold all those and still be used to play live and sequence. those sounds come in refils and sound font formats. not sure if they are available in wave format? :D

I played the neko at Guitar Center. That thing is bad!!!!!!! The Korg Oasys is hot too!. Where do you get the soundfounts of the motif, triton, etc.? Wouldn't mind using them in FL Studio every now and then. Are they expensive/legal?

I think i seen that M3 in the Musicians Friend Magazine! Is that the one that has some oasys technology? That thing looks hot too!

Fieva said:
Hehehehehe I love all mine!!!! Screw ever buying a workstation again...I might rent one and rip all the sounds off it tho.

here here! workstation jerkstation. back in the day a workstation went like this. Roland R8 drum machine + Casio FZ-1 (or other crap-ass sampler) + some ratty mid 80s polysynth (non-multitimbral of course). You wrote the song on the drum machine. 3 of the R8's 5 pad banks would be setup for triggering the sampler. Since the drum machine couldn't output sustained notes on Midi you had to carefully edit your sample loop repeats and envelope times so each time the samples got triggered theyed sustain for exactly one bar. During playback you had to manually change patches on the synth at the right points in the song.

My old "workstation" also had a Roland Juno 6 (no Midi) so I would send a loud snare drum sound to one of the R8s aux outputs and run it into the Junos arpeggiator clock input. with the arpeggio "synced" to the drum machine I had to manually change chords on the Juno as the song ran. Your timing had to be really good, especially if the arpeggio was going through a digital delay set for a rhythmic multiple.

and that shit was hi-tech ;)

i've listen to the sound cd sample....and for some reason they dont sound as hot as the originals....something the sound engine int the keyboards that make them sound better....in my opinion. so i went ahead and bought the triton rack

No ones said where to get a sample cd though. I'm curious and would like one for the roland & maybe kurzweil.

Oh if you have a le I wouldn't blow any more money for the extreme just buy a cheap tube pre and you're set. ;P

I know myself and fieva have them (legally). But google is your best friend. And it doesnt sound hot because your not adding that fire to em. All sounds are flat period until you feed em through a decent tube preamp and eq them to taste then youll see whats good.

word i got the legit copies of the triton fantom and motif sounds also and i use them sounds all the time and once again KT posts right before me so i gotta agree wit em and say that the sounds are flat until u do wut a workstation does to em, meaning when you pull up a sound it has a preset setting of eq, effects and such so when u hear the sound on a sample cd it don't sound the same but you can always get it there with a little tweaking.......but then again if tweaking is not your thing then you can go right ahead and spent about 2 grand for what i aid 100.00 for

the only reason i can see logic in purchasing a workstation is for live performance needs, if your in the studio you don't need workstations hangin on racks takin up space all u need is legit sound cd's and a good midi controller like idk the axiom maybe lol

Heh....I don't know where they sample cds for roland or kurzwell would be, but I do have everything I need to rip the sounds right off one. :eek:

LOL! I've created a monster anti-workstation thread!!! LOL! Everyone has there own way of making music. As long as the music is good, that's all that matters! Whether it is Fl Studio, or the open labs neko. Just make heat my brothas!!

oh i am not downing the cds....i just like being able to just dial in the sound when i need it. but to each his own...i've heard some of y'alls beats and believe me y'all know what you're doing. im working on a new style r&b/hip hop remix for that ready for the world song....let me love you down. and i just need to get the piano right before tracking. trying to hire a pianist for the job.

Sometimes i use soundfounts along with my triton in sonar. I been using battery alot (as a sound module with my triton)lately for my drums because they just hit so hard in battery!! I don't know why, they just do. I like how you can route each cell to a diff track in sonar to make mixing easier. Better than recording each drum from the triton but still allows me to get the feel of the keys. Perfect!!

Back