Tracking out individual tracks!

tone_aot

Owner of ToneJonez.com
Whasup fam. It's tone again. I was searching this site to make sure i hadn't posted this same question before and i didn't see it so, i was wondering how yall track out yalls beats. This is a question for any hardware users. I'm trying to track outbeats made on a triton le/roland jv-35. I already tried syncing the triton to Acid pro with midi but consistency from track to track is off. It's as if Acid keeps making the tempo on the triton jump so after i record all the individual tracks to acid and play back, they start right but eventually get waaaayyy off beat. I also thought about putting a 1 measure click at the beginning of my beats and just recording individual tracks straight to acid then manually sync the tracks together by adjusting the tracks. That seems like it would take forever tho (16 tracks, 5 minute beat, hour and 20 mins :eek: ) and i don't think the tracks would be as tight timewise like the original beat. What i need to know is what is the best way to track out individual tracks from my hardware with my current setup. P.S. I'm using the triton le/roland jv-35-->ub1002 mixer-->m-audio audiophile 2496 with acid pro 4.0 as the recording software(also have adobe audition).

don't have a triton or roland..but i do think you need to make sure the midi clock on everything is matching up..so it will be on the same speed..and you need to have one piece of equipment as the master and the rest as slave... i know when i track out on my set-up its easy and i do the track by track (Xl-7 Command station -->Akai DPS16)

re-read the manual to make sure you got everything hook up right...

From what your saying, you need to check your MIDI timecode. And you do need to check your tempo settings.

Appreciate the replies guys! So, lets say i make a beat at a tempo of 95. After i make the beat and i wanna track it out, i set Acid Pro as the Master and the Triton as the slave. For some reason, I could not set Acid pro as the slave and have the triton as a master. Anyways, i make sure i use the same tempo in acid that was used on the triton. When i get back home, i will try this again and really check the midi setting to make sure i don't have anything screwed up. Thanks guys.

Back