Thinking of a new track for the album

NickSpringfield said:
Just some friendly words of advice. If you plan to sell this cd commercially, watch out with the copyright laws and stuff, cuz if the album blows up and starts making money, everyone who took part in the making of it will be asking for their cut. I featured an internet MC on my last album, but he had signed a contract stating that no royalties were due, and on top of that, it only sold in one area, and not very well. Just something to think about.

-Springfield

Good point. I'd thought about paperwork, but there's no need for it right now. Right now, I'd rather just record it and see how it rolls. Once the final edits on the album come together, then it'd be time for the paperwork. I'm thinking when that comes, it'd be agreed that there'd be no royalties, but split rights on the song the artist(s) were featured on. The split of course would be determined by who made the beat, and who did the vocals. Say for example, the song we're trying to get worked on this weekend. Since there's 3 rappers (including myself) and then me making the beat, something like a 40%, 30%, 30% split on owning the track as a whole. Maybe my logic is off on that one.

Carter, you get a chance to work on that verse yet mayne? Gully, I ain't heard from you in a minute so I'm not knowin' if you still down to drop the verse or not. I got the track still sittin up on Cubase, so if I need to go ahead and drop my extra verse, just let me know.

im workin on that joint right now
my bad --- i ran into some problems at work n at home n forgot about postin

but im workin on the verse right now!!!! (even t hough im at work!!! -- shhhhhhh

DOPE!!!!! I wish I would have known that homie. Hmmm I work on most of my verses and songs at work. I'm still kind of surprised that I have all but about 2 or 3 songs on the album written.

usually im so busy at work i cant do jack . . .. but i started carvin out some free time -- when my supervisor is nt around!!!
which is rare in the first damm place anyhow

I have about 3 more tracks to write and then I'm gonna make some new beats for the CD.

what did u say u use to make your beats?

im using a triton studio but im not good (yet) with adjusting parameters and adding effects, etc. so i usually use the pre sets . . . im likin whta i make but . . .

Yo, Gully. You have AIM and a hi-speed connection? If you do then we could send the acapella verse that way. Also if you have Cubase, burn the whole Cubase folder where the Cubase file and the audio vocals are stored onto a CD and send it to my home address. I'm thinkin' we should see the final product in about a couple of weeks.

Back