Things you should have...

bknot1

Hustle Magic!! We Got It.
I posted this on FP.com since it is alway being ask in the music industry section of the board..whats your thoughts..and what do the artist need to have, if the arent signed to a label(which will do it for you)...voice your opinion..
Things you should have...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

well its a lot of questions on here about what to do for selling tracks (beats). Here are some things everyone should have and use when licensing your music... (other posted can add theirs)

royalities contract
mechanical license contract
production agreement (letter between u and artist or label)
payment contract
record company production contract

yeah..i will attach some sample templates you can use and edite and talk to an entertainment lawyer to make sure ever basis is covered to protect yourself..before i leave work today..

here is two that can be used... :D

Attachments

• RECORD COMPANY PRODUCER AGREEMENT.doc
    10 KB · Views: 15
  • 85-ROYALTY PAYMENT SCHEDULE.DOC
    24.5 KB · Views: 9
two more to use..

Attachments

• 48-MECHANICAL LICENSE.DOC
    22.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 50-MECHANICAL RIGHTS LICENSE.DOC
    22 KB · Views: 12
a few more you can use..

Attachments

• 62-PRODUCER ROYALTIES CONTRACT.DOC
    24 KB · Views: 11
  • 10-ARTIST PRODUCER CONTRACT.DOC
    40.5 KB · Views: 12
hope some of those help you ..if it not what you lookin for let me or anyone one else thats willing to help out...

as always consult with an Entertainment Lawyer before signing and using any agreement or contract

as always consult with an Entertainment Lawyer before signing and using any agreement or contract

Has anyone here ever used an Entertainment Lawyer for their stuff? I'd like to hear some talk about how much they charge and HOW they charge (percentage/flat fee/etc)..

HERE IS MY 2 CENTS: I haven't worked with a lawyer but I was thinking of trying to find one - NEW to the field. For instance, I was cool with this chick that was in Law School and she was doing Entertainment Law. Now, we fell out something kind of awful!!! But, if we were still on speaking terms - . . . well, my plan was to get with her at least for a trial basis and we could both be each other's guinea pigs sort to speak . .. I know there is a lot to risk with this approach, but at the same time - depending on the marketing plan adn target audience you are trying to "go for" - it may work.

Like I said, just a thought . . .

I have more if needed... also i know a Ent. Lawyer here in the D.M.V area (DC, MD, VA) that will be glad to help out..

most ent. lawyers charge by hour anywhere from $75 - $300 hrs. ..some do % of deals made by their parts...just do some research..google is your friend :D

I have more if needed... also i know a Ent. Lawyer here in the D.M.V area (DC, MD, VA) that will be glad to help out..

most ent. lawyers charge by hour anywhere from $75 - $300 hrs. ..some do % of deals made by their parts...just do some research..google is your friend :D

Thanks.. ur the man "B"!

Back