Tetris Remix and Pink Panther remix on Soundclick

pkmusic

I am pretty new to posting beats on Soundclick. Would it be legal for me to post beats I made from scratch with old melodies such as the Tetris game or the Pink Panther theme? I wanted to make it available for whomever wanted it to download. Just wanted to make sure Soundclick didn't have a problem.

Did you sample the melodies you are using or did you copy them, but play them yourself? If it's the latter, you'll have no problems.

I've posted a remix of an Eminem song (using an acapella from a major release) on Soundclick with no problem. Granted it wasn't up for a very long time (1 - 2 weeks).

I've read about other people getting their site deleted for just using chopped up samples though. So I guess you can do it, just don't get caught.

It has been many years since I have played Tetris or heard the Pink Panther theme. I just copied what I thought were th melodies. Tell me what you guys think.

Hey the tetriz one is pretty dope, just needs to be fixed a bit for a less instrumental heavy verse loop but still nice work, bassline is gold =)

Esspro said:
Hey the tetriz one is pretty dope, just needs to be fixed a bit for a less instrumental heavy verse loop but still nice work, bassline is gold =)

Sorry, I am a musician/composer and not a rapper. I find myself making my beats may instrumental and not realizing that someone will need to rap over the beat. You are right!! I need to back off on the verse.
Would you suggest for me to have less of the melody in the verse so the voice can stand out or maybe just lower the volume?

Well actually on a third listen (i still think it could do things) I would first of all cut the tetriz theme for the first 8 rap bars
i.e. just have those strings in the background with the bass & drums. then for the last 8 bars of the rap verse bring a quieter, simplified version of the tetriz theme in... then for the 8bar chorus just have it as you do at the moment (then back for another 16 bar verse etc etc

Pleased i could help

Hey intro and first verse are really good, perfect for an intro and rapping i love the way the quieter synth comes in after 8 bars... however after the first verse it should revert back to that first intro sounding synth (bars 5-8) and it should be for 8 bars (i.e. x2 of the intro bit once the drums come in). The 2nd (and 3rd if u have it) verses should have very similar syle to the first.. (i know its boring but thats hip hop for you. Sorry but i don't feel the bit when the drums pick up and double its just not hip hop and is hard to pull off. The Chorus you have at the moment could be a good breakdown for an outro, like the one you have at the moment is fine... but i would fade it anway...
just my thoughts take them or leave them: i'm not trying to put my style on you do what you will... :)

btw great work on tetriz i can't believe it hasn't been done

Esspro

Esspro said:
Hey intro and first verse are really good, perfect for an intro and rapping i love the way the quieter synth comes in after 8 bars... however after the first verse it should revert back to that first intro sounding synth (bars 5-8) and it should be for 8 bars (i.e. x2 of the intro bit once the drums come in). The 2nd (and 3rd if u have it) verses should have very similar syle to the first.. (i know its boring but thats hip hop for you. Sorry but i don't feel the bit when the drums pick up and double its just not hip hop and is hard to pull off. The Chorus you have at the moment could be a good breakdown for an outro, like the one you have at the moment is fine... but i would fade it anway...
just my thoughts take them or leave them: i'm not trying to put my style on you do what you will... :)

btw great work on tetriz i can't believe it hasn't been done

Esspro

I am not sure I understood everything you mentioned but I made the changes according to what I understood from you. Check the update out:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/pkmusicproductionsmusic.htm

Thanx

Cool! not exactly what i meant but it doesnt really matter, great track anyway...
what software/hardware do u use?

Back