Tell me what you think of these mixes

outstanding

misterque, that is the type of feedback we need in this place. i know you are busy and you can't listen to everybody's stuff, but whenever you do, please explain in detail what could be done better to the song to make it more of a marketable product so that we can all learn.

MISTERQCUE said:
Nice production! Clean & Clear capture of vocals.

Just my opinion, but a few milli-sec of delay on the dupe voc track combined with 2-3db eq boost around 75-80hz freq'y range would round out & add more presence to your orig. voc track.
Your phrasing and rhythmic flow in conjuction with the music, along with your timing & form during the breaks, is tight!!
Lyrically, your message allowed me to flow with you with none o'
'dat unnecessary side-track b.s. spittin' that takes the listener to some far-off level which kill's the flava of the overall product!
The music!!?? ON POINT!!! Trim some of the upper-mids on the back-tracks a lil and boost bass a db or 2 and you're there!

Mind you, these are simply my tracking suggestions in regards to your 1st link in hi-fi mode which allowed me to perform dynamic processing on your vocs by adj'ing eq, some siblance control,
filtering and sig-efx ('delay & room verb)! Not much, just a tweak here & there, but challin I was feelin' this hard!
I like this!

We'll kick it in the future! :cool:

Peace
Q.rM

Thanks dawg. I hadn't seem this thread yet so I posted another link in your reefer thread. Sorry about that well hopefully we can link up some time and I will use your suggestion as well as others when I remix my jointz. Then once I do that it's off to get them mastered at Omega Studios.

Your right jugalo180 this is the type of feedback we need in this forum. I been trying to listen to your stuff for days. I'm having problems geting the audio streams to work.

I took yall's advice and re did the tracks they sound even better now. Thanks for the help fellaz. I may put ya'll in the credits:D

which track wuz it u wanted me 2 peep?

i just heard revelation and that was hot, but the mixing wasn't as good as your more recent stuff because of course you've improved since then.

i think sometimes the vocals are a bit too loud at times (especially the chorus)

but this track is pretty hot.

good job, man.

Abyyss said:
which track wuz it u wanted me 2 peep?

i just heard revelation and that was hot, but the mixing wasn't as good as your more recent stuff because of course you've improved since then.

Yeah that stuff is like 1998 old and it was actually recorded and mixed in a semi pro studio. I I hate that page how did you find it?

btw are you on aim. I need to add you to my buddy list

chalin27 said:
Yo thanks for the listen. I have tried a couple of times to listen to your tracks but my Winamp is giving me some problems. We have an artists at hotsounds that I think would be good for you to colab wit. He's from Ohio. Sounds a little like ludicrous.

www.mp3.com/HotSoundsRecords

His song is titled "Good Ol dayz"

It's old material but he is currently working on his album that has some new hot songs but he has not realeased any yet.

holla back if you wanna colab wit him.

This thread.

U don't like looking back at your "not-so-good" mixing skills eh?

Hey, even the best have to start somewhere and no-one can mix em up like you can. (now that is :D)

U no what's not so funny. HotSound Records actually paid a over 1600 dollars for the egineer in that semi pro studio to track and mix that album:(

U don't wanna hear where I started from I have never posted any of that material.:D

Oh I forgot about MSN. I may have to get that messenger as well.

Abyyss said:

shows that u can do it better than the pros if u try i guess.

nasty.

My mixes in 98 weren't anything to brag about that's why we went with the pro guy:o ah you live and learn.

damnit.

i keep saying something and by the time it shows up you've already edited your post :D

msn might actually work with aim, but im not sure.

Back