Studio Pics

Thanks Reefer and LDY.

Gtrplaya, that's a sweet "Funk Lab" you have there. Just one question, what do you use that old school monitor for?

Stray

Stray,
That old school monitor is a lifesaver. My old school 12-bit sampler, the Roland S-550 has a RCA video out that u can connect a monitor to, instead of using that little LCD screen it has. The monitor is an Apple IIe monitor...matta of fact that one crapped out, I just order two more from eBay that I recently got as back up. The sampler also takes VGA monitors, but needs that special cable. My MIDI equipment is all old school/lo-tech, but if u can't tell in the music, it doesn't really matter. Learning to push the envelope with it is cool too... Will post an mp3 of something from our latest R&B/neo-soul compilation soon...

Stray,
That old school monitor is a lifesaver. My old school 12-bit sampler, the Roland S-550 has a RCA video out that u can connect a monitor to, instead of using that little LCD screen it has. The monitor is an Apple IIe monitor...matta of fact that one crapped out, I just order two more from eBay that I recently got as back up. The sampler also takes VGA monitors, but needs that special cable. My MIDI equipment is all old school/lo-tech, but if u can't tell in the music, it doesn't really matter. Learning to push the envelope with it is cool too... Will post an mp3 of something from our latest R&B/neo-soul compilation soon...

GP I'm digging the old schoolness of the lab. Then you doing funk... :D I gotta peep some of those tunes. Funny cuz I'm funking with some funk samples i'm probably about to post up in a sec.. Nice setup.

Alright... DJ Sticky Green Thumbz... I'm trying to figure if you talking about my lab? I didn't see any Abyss pics... And I don't wanna see my pics on your web site either black. :D ;)

lol yo lazi whats the DJ Sticky Green Thumbz aall about????
lmao

gtrplaya, love your set , whole lab is A1!!!
Ldy

:cool:

Last edited:
LL, Lazi and Stray...thanks for the comments. I hope to move it to some other basement area space (to be finished...sometime - LOL)

peace

My ish is sorta like Lazi's

Got the same extact table Lazi... Except I got a CPU Monitor in the middle and my reference monitiors on the padistals....

Im try and post summin of my setup...

Diggy...

Conslongst1.jpg

sightlines.jpg

Iso2ndfl.jpg

studio.jpg

Not my studio of course, but goddamn!

Thats a nice set up stray... You must be getting a very thick sound from your studio, I can tell just by the oldschoolness (new word) of your set up.

i keep hearin bout cross studio can any 1 drop me a link.
also stray,Lazi like your set ups
Lazi i was curious did you have to make arrangements wit the storage comp. or they jus aint trippin. that sure beats the price of a little my office joint .temperature controlled ,utilities included i need to get it like that. also dig that cam so u can watch the hatas

Preciate ya MUSAC.

I've been wanting to see CROSS's pics myself... Maybe do a search or something.

Anyhow...

No arrangements needed... Dude was already renting out to some bands before me... The other places I checked out before that all said it was cool but they had funny hours and whatnot. They all where cool with it though... I put down some old carpet and got 2 sofas in there. Dude was just like " As long as it's all gone when you break out"... Been there 3 years now... Even sleep (hide out) on the couch every now and then. Never heard a peep from the dude about it.

Damn you all!!.............lol

Buncha damn show-offs!!!!!!!!!

Nice setups......I would send a pic of mine, but I doubt anyine would be amazed to see a damn comuter screen, a set of headphones, a midi keyboard, and a mic stand!!!!

Maybe in the next ten years I will have a setup like that,but until then I'll just keep bangin em' out this way!!!!!!!

Back