Studio Pics

@ HDHM

What version of the UAD-1 is that and how you liking it? I'm looking at some DSP cards and that's high on my list.

Very nice set up.....you been building I see.

^^^

Those are the Mackie versions They are the same card hardware wise. Its comes licensed with the LA2A and the 1176LN so its pretty much in between the Project Pack and the Studio Pack. I bought em about 3 months before those bundles And the Powercore element came out

I should've only gotten one cuz the amount of plugs i tend to use can be handled by one card.Then again I got them faily cheap. They have demos of all of the available plugins on the card but I haven't activated any of them yet cuz I'm not in a position to buy, and I KNOW ME. I really like the UADs though . I kinda wish the had synths too like Creamware and Powercore.

You wont regret gettng into DSP cards warning: if you get the Project Pak I guarantee you're gonna want the other plugins, so grit your teeth and splurge on one of the bigger bundles.

onlydude said:
This booth is awesome man. What did you make it with and around how much did it cost (not including mic mic stand or pop filter). That is if you dont mind giving away your secret :cool:. At least tell me how much it costed :D
The booth is terrible easy and inexpensive to set up. I took mine down cuzn I don't have room for it in my new spot.

Its a frame made with PVC pipe and blanket draped from the top, make it as big as is comfortable for yourself . if for vocals only, it wont have to be too wide or long. but if its reasonably possible that you'll want to record acoustic guitar or drums in there now or in the future it's best to go ahead and go bigger. Should cost you $70-$100 depending on how big and how many layers of blanket you'll use.

Oh ya All it does is reduce the amount of fan noise and room reverb you would norm pick up

This might be just me and my way of working...as well as a low cash flow...

All I'm getting out of this post is: "Check out me and my equipment, now...you see all this shit? You know I'm good at this..."
If I offended anyone sorry...and good!
How the F can someone claim to keep it real and being back to basics with more shit up their rack than you can shake your stick at...? huh?
You know...I work with the youth, helping them to get somewhere with their shit. If I were to stash the studio at my work with to many things, what kind of thoughts would then arise in their poor, young minds? More equipment...more success...?
That ain't the way shit work people. There are things you NEED and things you don't need...To many people get screwed over by the oversealous (prob wrong spelled...) salesman at the local music store.
If you use all the stuff, good...keep it up. But don't even try to tell me that you actually need all of that stuff, cause it won't sit well with me.

Give me the lid of a trashcan and an old rubberboot and I'll make a beat for you...
It's not about the equipment...it's the dawg behind it. Everyone can activate a compressor...yet more should learn how to use one properly...and that goes for every piece of equipment in the process of production...hardware as well as software. My grandma can play synth, but she wouldn't know shit about getting rid of rumbles and getting it set for a track...and with that said.

Keep it up people. Make them beats, but make them good.

-Nito

You being serious??? Nevamind Anyway...

At the time this thread was made. There was frequent activity on this board. Lots of cats posting their music, colabs, remix challenges,minor beefing , big fun. Stray and everyone one else who posted in this thread (except you) thought it would be interesting to have a peek into each others work environment to see how the get down,whether it was beating a trash can lid or a ProTools HD rig.. After seeing how others do their we'd exchange oppinions and ideas about equipment, methods etc.

The oppinions about not needing alot of equipment to bang beats was already made in this very thread by me and others about 2 1/2 years ago when this thread first popped up. So it looks to me like you saw this thread, flipped thru the pics, then stated what you thought it was about( I hope you didn't practice this method with your school book reports).

As far as "keeping it real" and "back to the basics",Tritons, MPC's, trashcan lids and old rubber boots don't make the music, you do. What does my nice equipment have to do with whether or not I "keep it real" . As for the youth, they'll understand anything you put in front of them if you're schoolin em properly. I think you're having more problems with seeing the equipment than they ever will.

Bottom line fact... I work hard at a full time job that has nothing to do with music. I love music and i'm intrigued by technology. My setup is my way of paying myself for working so hard. I am PROUD of what I've come to acquire over the YEARS, so I've invited friends to my home for a peek thats it.

Be careful with the youth, you don't want them thinking that they can't have nice equipment.

very moving 92, you tell them

if you're feeling what 92 is saying and know you have an excess in equipments, please send them my way PM for my address :D
lol

NEED? Music itself isn’t even needed, much less the equipment to make it. You don’t need anything but O2, water, hunting/gathering skills and shelter to survive. Everything else is unnecessary. But since when has anything in life been about necessity?

Shit, I didn’t realize Norway was Communist. In the US, working hard and making sacrifices to get what you want is what it’s all about…..The American Dream. There is no limit on the number of possessions or wealth a person can attain.

Hi_D_Ho_Man said:
The booth is terrible easy and inexpensive to set up. I took mine down cuzn I don't have room for it in my new spot.

Its a frame made with PVC pipe and blanket draped from the top, make it as big as is comfortable for yourself . if for vocals only, it wont have to be too wide or long. but if its reasonably possible that you'll want to record acoustic guitar or drums in there now or in the future it's best to go ahead and go bigger. Should cost you $70-$100 depending on how big and how many layers of blanket you'll use.

Oh ya All it does is reduce the amount of fan noise and room reverb you would norm pick up

How tall did you make yours and how tall should I make mine (Im 6 foot tall) How did you put the blacklight in there and what did you do for an entrence?

How High???
At the time when I built it the tallest cat in my crew was about 6'5' so I made the vertical poles 7 ft. after the joint fitting were connected it ended up well over 7 feet.

Blanket Hanging???
I hung the blankets with vynyl ties (the same ones some people use to tie audio cables together) .
here is the ceiling shot of the one I built notice the black straps and the extra rods to keep the ceiling from sagging
attachment.php

Black Light Hanging???
The black light I used was one of long tube bulb types. The fixture was plastic so i took it apart, made two holes in it and feed a vynyl strap thru each hole to make "belt loops" Then with 2 more vynyl straps, I strapped the blacklight to one of the ceiling rods.

Entrance???
You'll be using several blankets to drape the entire perimeter of your pvc frame. At the point that you decide will be the entrance, you should have two of the blankets meet side by side like curtains. At this spot the vynyl straps should be left fairly loose so that you can slide the back and forth easily like a shower curtain. All other straps should be pulled as tight as you can get them.

i use thos same monitors. if my pockets were fatter i would use the FW-1884 too.
nice setup.

Back