Studio Pics

Yo ya'll got some ill shit!!

Well I'm not even gonna put any pics of what i'm workin wit because then people will see how truly ghetto I AM !!
But i got some great ideas for my future set up thanks to this site and cat's who help me from here. Peace to All and Keep it Movin
Peace Love Respect

Ya Boy Kevlar

Re: my humble little setup

jugalo180 said:
my vocal booth was made from the basic installations that were discussed by me, hi_d_ho-man, and the original person who came up with the brilliant idea.

Actually, I got that idea for the booth from somewhere around here. i think the Recording Forum.

Set up looking good. i bet those 824 sound damn lovely. Black light huh... good idea.

originally posted by Hi_D_H0_Man
Actually, I got that idea for the booth from somewhere around here. i think the Recording Forum.

yeah hi_d_ho_man, i posted in there too, that's where i meant to put the pics, but i was side tracked when i found this thread, i thought this was the one. the guy who started it all name is trickless. i'm happy i ran across that cat's post, and i was happy to see the pics you posted hi_d_ho_man, i went out the very next day. i believe, and put mine together. it was a cynch to do.

originally posted by hi_d_ho_man
i bet those 824 sound damn lovely.
hell yeah brah. the stereo imaging is amazing. it sounds really good to me, but then i have not had any other monitors to compare them too, so i don't know how much better they are compared to others.

Black light huh... good idea.

thanks neighbor, for me it adds a nice touch, and it helps to prevent the vocal booth from turning into a sweat box.

Want To Learn To Build Your Own Vocal Booth The Same As Me And hi_d_ho_man? Hit This Link Up Below

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showt...&perpage=25&highlight=home depot&pagenumber=3

my setup? yours is the ish

Set up looking good.

you and lazi's setup is the shit, i have the bare minimum setup. i'm cool with it because it suits all of my needs. it's a comfortable little setup for me, i can break everything down and store it easily. i told myself that i won't get any deeper into this engineering thing until my music starts to pay for the equipment. when i look at all of the gear that you, lazi, stray411, and a lot of these other people have, i just gaze in awww. hopefully one day i have the opportunity to advance up.

oops

i forgot to give a shout out to homeuser, he was actually the one who came forth with the idea. trickless was workin on a similar one. great minds think alike. this is a copy of one of my posts from the thread that the link above will bring you to.

thanks homeuser

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
went to Lowes (like a Home Depot store) and told the guy there I wanted to make a booth out of pvc piping. He recommended 3/4 size. I told him 4 legs, and a square at the top and bottom. Total cost for 7ft high, by 3 1/2ft wide booth was about $25.00. I put it together in less than 5 minutes. Actually I trimmed so it was a little smaller
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i read this post and the very next day went out and done the same exact thing. it did take under 10 minutes to assemble. i had these 3 king size comforters that i used to enclose the frame. i went to walmart and got some jumbo safety pens. i draped one comforter over the top then to another and penned it like and L, or right angle, then i penned the other on the opositte side the same way. i didn't feel any need to have any buttons or velcro to close it because the large comforters were big enough to over lap. i just let them hang and they close good enough on there own. to make it sweet, i hung a long black light from the pvc, it sets it off. the black illuminates the white paper with my raps so i can see, plus i don't have to worry about that light bulb getting it hot as hell in there or catching something on fire. the black light brings me that club energy. but if you want it to really look good, use white comforters, i have one on mine and it looks tight when the black light is on.

my vocals sound a lot better because i'm not getting any reflections from being in the closet. the closet was treated with blankets, which absorbed the high frequency, but the lows were still reflected. i took the mic out of the closet after seeing cross's set up. my room was too live so i was actually hearing the slightly but, annoying highend reflections. this vocal booth sounds the best out of the two hook ups and it only costs 30 bucks for the pipe and joints. be sure to get the right joints to assymble it. the booth freed my closet back up for my cloth, and now i don't have to worry about being cramped up.

all hail homeuser. BOW YOUR HEADS!!!! lol.....

i apreciate all the info u guys put on this site about buildin a vocal booth(yall forts)
thanx for sharin the knowledge wit every 1

man

i apologise for not proof reading my posts, i tend to get lazy when i have a lot to say. by the time i catch the abundant amount of mistakes, i am no longer able to fix them, due to administrator rules.

I wouls like to see any new pictures of anybody new set-up...this was a good post so lets keep it going

Damn, this is an old thread. Good to see my old studio again, haven't been in there in over a year. I moved to a new place and got a bunch of new gear, but nothings really set up. I'll post some new pics in a couple weeks.

Anyone else got updates?

I'll post pics of my vocal booth tonight...

I built an actual booth, walls, treatment, and studio foam... It's amazing. I spent less than $150 on it, and it's so ill...

Pics coming tonight...

My spot is basically the same exept the MPC is sitting next to the RM1X... And my 3-6 poster fell....

But, I plan to break the whole thing down to nothing and rewire the whole thing sometime soon. Waiting to buy a nice A/D convertor for my 1680 then i'll probably run everything through the patchbay to the mixer. I also plan to buy a box of Switch Craft jacks and a spool of nice cable and just make all my own cables from now on. Been burnt by HOSA way to damn much...

i here that..im in the process of moving so the lab is down right now..whatever i have/had recorded is on my laptop..gettin ready to goto Maryland..(yeahhh!) my RM1X is at work..need to bring it home so I can work on some new Stuff..

Back