Paaannnn to the right....

Now i'm showing off...

Old setup...

Attachments

• animation1.gif
    animation1.gif
    90.4 KB · Views: 721
Mr Sol :

this guy cranks out some of the hottest shit i've heard on the web, but has the simplest of all the pics posted in this thread.

Proof enuff to me that its not how much u got, but how you use what u got.

Very nice setups in this post. And why are those workstation desks sooo damn expensive ?!?! I'll take some shots and post mine some time this week

I agree with the you HI... don't need alot of equipment... All you need is drive.

Most times I'm only using one main piece in my lab... It's just hella fun/interesting to have all that shit...:D Shit also causes hella headaches and costs hella money. Both the headaches and money could've been used to do hella projects. My advice is to use what you got to the fullest and learn that shit... No doubt.

I paid 200 (150 now) for that desk and just added some things like the monitor stands and that rack in the middle... Theres a subwoofer on the very bottom footshelf with plenty of room left to stick a couple of CPU's. Dope home studio desk for 200 bucks.

Last edited:
http://www.rtaonline.com/detail.asp?model=BUMM52402
http://www.rtaonline.com/detail.asp?model=SR18858 <--- All black joint is a little smaller but looks dope.

I mines got it from Office Max... It rolls so you can get behind it easy when you gotta switch out some wires. Helps keep things neater.

Heres some more...
http://www.rtaonline.com/categories/computer_carts.htm

Drop one of these in the middle...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...96135524418/search/g=rec/detail/base_id/36447

You can find em bigger and cheaper... Stick a monitor on top that and shit should be lovely. I don't use a desktop and needed more shelf space so I copped a couple computer monitor stand ($30 I think). Strapped those on and shit is lovely.

Last edited:
for lazi

what up, i'm digging the studio. i met some cats in north carolina with their studio in a storage unit. pretty clever. how is the monitoring in there?

sorry forry for the multiple post but i dont know how else to do this

Attachments

• daw.jpg
    daw.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 809
jugalo180...

Thought I answered already... Monitoring was all fuck'd at first. Got used to it before I finished my first cd though. After a few years in there I kinda know what to expect now. Crazy rattles when the subs on but nothing too bad. I can get a good mix out of there easy... Hell I'm kinda scared to finalize a mix anywhere else.

HI D...

Nice setup. Triton studio, Roland sounds, and a MPC3000... Looking like a seriously ill combo.

Why is it I always imagine a cat getting bashed in the head with a 3000 everytime I see one? Maybe it's cuz they just look solid as hell... Seems like it wouldn't hurt the 3000.

Is the 3000 your main sequencer?

No zip? Just saw all the flopies around the MPC...

LAZI said:
HI D...

Nice setup. Triton studio, Roland sounds, and a MPC3000... Looking like a seriously ill combo.

Why is it I always imagine a cat getting bashed in the head with a 3000 everytime I see one? Maybe it's cuz they just look solid as hell... Seems like it wouldn't hurt the 3000.

Is the 3000 your main sequencer?

No zip? Just saw all the flopies around the MPC...

sup Lazi,

Actually I just got the MPC out of repair lil over two weeks ago, it was out for about 4 months before the repair shop got the parts to fix it. Before it broke down early last year. It was my only sequencer. The MPC breaking down is what made get into PC recording. I haven't used the MPC nor the Triton for sequencing yet since discovering the digi world. I'm pretty pleased with Cubase for sequencing. I plan to alternate sequencers though to keep diversity,as i think my tracks come out very differently from one method to the next.

and yeah the MPC is pretty sturdy. It finally gave me a problem after like 5 years. And youre right no zip. Its just as it was factory shipped . floppy and 2 mb ram LOL.

Yo Reefer, thanx I'll be checkin' for your pics

my humble little setup

i finally got a chance to put some pics up.

HARDWARE- i have a korg triton classic workstation, makie 1202 mixer, mackie hr824 nearfield studio monitors, audio technica 4050 large condencer mic, audio technica d40fs closed studio headphones, rca open wireless headphones, art tube mp preamp that i use for tracking in headphones only. hp pentium 4, 2.53ghz prossy, 80gb hard drive, 512 ddr sdram with dvd burner to store all of my music to 5gb rewritable dvd disks, 20 gig usb 2.0 hard drive to keep important files, if the computer has a virus or crashes i'm good to go.

SOFTWARE- i'm currently running is; acid 4.0, vegas video 4.0, cubase sx, soundforge 6.0, fruity loops 3.4.

my vocal booth was made from the basic installations that were discussed by me, hi_d_ho-man, and the original person who came up with the brilliant idea.

Attachments

• studio pic front.jpg
    studio pic front.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 573
Last edited:
the booth

the booth, the black light get's me in that player frame of mind when i'm in there.

Attachments

• studio booth and triton.jpg
    studio booth and triton.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 559
Back