Shure Ksm27!

tone_aot

Owner of ToneJonez.com
Whasup folks! I think a few of you use this mic for your vocals. I was just wondering what yall think about this mic on rap vocals, or if yall have any samples of it that i can listen to. Right now, i'm about to go ahead and get my dmp3 and some auralex for the "booth" first, then i'm gonna get the ksm27. Right now i use an adk a-51 and SPC1 for vocals. Behringer mixer for preamp! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I love the KSM27. It's got a nice full, warm sound for Hip-Hop vocals. It's not very silibant imo, but it's a bit on the boomy side. I'd like another one.

Thanks for the reply change!! I read real good reviews about it and recommended it to my home boy. He copped it and he'll have it in a few days. Imma get it with amercian muscial! I like their site. If your order is $250 and up, you can pay in 3 pymts with no interest! Imma get that, the dmp3, and some auralex.

I second Change regarding the KSM27. It's all I use and I love it 99.5% of the time. I have a few other mics in that price range and the KSM27 sh*t's on 'em everytime (with my vocals atleast). Definitely well worth the $$.

mentalattica said:
I second Change regarding the KSM27. It's all I use and I love it 99.5% of the time. I have a few other mics in that price range and the KSM27 sh*t's on 'em everytime (with my vocals atleast). Definitely well worth the $$.

What pre you usin now ment?

It's not a bad mic for the price but I got my 4050 for only a little more used. I like it better for vocals.

mrT said:
It's not a bad mic for the price but I got my 4050 for only a little more used. I like it better for vocals.

Now why you had to come along and mess me up??? LOL!! Now i want that mic!!! Just messin wit ya. What pre you usin wit it?

tone_aot said:
Now why you had to come along and mess me up??? LOL!! Now i want that mic!!! Just messin wit ya. What pre you usin wit it?

Just using the pre's off of my soundcraft Ghost. I'd like to pick up a Sebatron VMP-4000e here at some point but I'm not at all disapointed with what I have.

I've used both the 27 and 4050 (not side by side though) and have to say that I prefered the 4050 on vocals (and just about anything else)... I will say though that the 4050 isn't good on all vocals but no mic really is. It is def a better more versatile mic, though IMO. Especially if you are doing more than just vocals. If you aren't interested in the versatility to do other instruments maybe you could try an SM7b? about the same price range.

Not trying to bust on the 27 either. Out of all the lower cost LDC's I've used it stacks at the top but there are a decent amount of choices in that price range.

Back