shoppin around for short runs

gullyjewelz

jUST TRHYIN TO C WHAT ELSE IS OUT THERE

I HAVE A CONTACT THAT CAN GIT ME SHORT RUNS (100 CDS) FOR $320 PER RUN.

THIS COVERS A 4 PANEL, COLOR TRAY CARD & CD LOGO & TEXT IN COLOR ON THE CD ITSELF, PLUS THE BAR CODE AND THE SHRINK WRAP . . . PLUS THEY CLAIM TO DO A DISCOUNT ON EACH SUCCESSIVE ORDER . .

hey i like them - only have 1 regret if i use them - i have a 4 panel insert for the jewel case - i gotta cut off 2 panels . . . sheit!!!

gullyjewelz said:
hey i like them - only have 1 regret if i use them - i have a 4 panel insert for the jewel case - i gotta cut off 2 panels . . . sheit!!!
You have to balance out what you want and need in a short run.

It's cost prohibitive to print a 4 panel in a short run order. It's just too much money, which cuts your profit margin. Your average consumer doesn't care about your content on all 4 panels. Just the truth... A two panel should suffice almost every underground release.

If you want the 4 panel, get your weight up, and order a full press run of 1000. It'll only cost you an additional $800. If you think you can sell 100 albums, then get the press run. Selling 100 will almost pay for the press run itself. The rest is all profit.

gullyjewelz said:
i feel u - now i gotta talk to my partner - cuz he was real gung ho about the 4 panel -
Then on the real, stack your weight, and get the press run. It'll be worth it in the long run. Especially if you know you can move those first 100 units. A press run usually costs about $1200 and you'll get a full 4 panel.

Depending on your price point for selling, you'll make that back in no time... if you know you can move the first hundred or so units. The rest is all profit.

Now, if you think you can "only" move about a hundred units, do a short run. No sense in breaking even on a full press run and then having 880 cd's in your closet cuz you can't move em. :o

On a short run, if you paid $300 for 100 CD's, you'd make about $700 in profit if you sold all 100 copies.

Back