Shakrock VS Noddy

Who Won?

• Total voters
I go wit noddy just off originality and the fact i aint neva heard nothing like that.... like wow son from the begining to when the shit really dropped was like so different but it went together so well.... then when u slowed it up wow son wow.....

to shackrock I was feeling your joint to no doubt..... i woulda lost to either one of yall lol.... i just think ur joint aint when cause of how far left field noddy went wit his joint

im really torn - i like em both for completely different reasons - shak's track slowz me down - esp. after the day i had today - that mellow vibe is calming the savage beast in me (lol)

and noddy's track is pickin me up again - now i will admit that the "slowdown" section is hot!!!!

dam!!! im gon have to say "tie" for me . . . but im leanin towards noddy for the original approach to teh "changes" in the track . .. but overall, im vibin off em equally

this was a tuff one to decide it's really hard to choose a winner of the 2 of these shakrock your beat was good but coulda been better idk how much time you had to make it but you shoulda focused some of that time on tryin to make them instruments sound more realistic then they do cuz it kinda reminds me of a video game beat from back in the day add some reverb to them trumpets to widen em out and make em sound live spice it up a lil bit....noddy gets my vote based on creativity cuz he put more effort into his beat i think but the notes on the melodies don't match up and it sounds like it's all over the place to me and feels a little sloppy but it was the deff. choice for the vote

i agree with DesertEase. the melodies are kinda conflicting, sounds like a lot of random notes, not very musical, but the effort is there. the lack of repetitiveness is what won it IMO. most rap music these days is way too repetitive to bear listening to, so yeah my vote is for noddy for making something fresh and interesting.

Nice beat Shack. I love how the toms help make out with the beat. ....After listening that joint is HEAT!!!! No matter who wins get at me 4 real like I could use some tips/collabos

Last edited:
I'm going with Shak on this one...Noddy's is faster and more "exciting" I guess...but with some good lyrics, Shak's beat sounds like it could actually...you know, go somewhere.

I won't vote, cause I am on the fence as well. There might need to be a jump off........................ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
One thing that I must mention that Zed spoke of: Many hiphop beatmakers are guilty of that 4 bar loop, 4 bar break, 4 bar loop, repetitiveness......I find that irrelevant, particularly with these 2 beats. There is more composition than norm, Shackrock actually have some nice chords in there. I know what zed is saying, but that is why I give them both a vote because they both put in work and not just let the beat loop!

I vote Shak, I'm a lil late on the voting I'm sure. But, I just wasn't feelin' Noddy's as much. It was tight as hell, yea, but just sounded like notes were thrown, I'm not sure. That timpany or whatever it is, needed to be tuned a lot more than it was.. it stuck out way too much. For the instruments used, I think the mellow feel of Shaks was just more appealing to the ear, a little more change-ups would have been interesting, but I vote Shak over-all.

Don't get me wrong Noddy, that shits hot!

--Re-Lapse :cool:

Man they were both good for different reasons

Shack's was versatile as HELL...man I could see either an MC spittin some deep shit. Yeah it was repetitive, but in this case it wasn't too bad of a thing....I'd rather hear a loop I LIKE over and over than bullshit I could do without (plus it has that mellow tone I love)

Noddy's was all over the place but it was original. I'm gonna have to work witcha to tighten that up a little bit. Leave it to Nods to flip something straight off the left and make it work. Drums are killing it. If you look at the icon for his soundclick player...IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!!!

Gotta vote Noddy on this one, BUT Shack, I'ma have to cop that beat throw some lyrics on it and show em how good that beat can be flipped.

Fiev.

Back