sampler and sequencers?

mr. produca

i need a sampler and sequencer right? i dont know if im missing anything,i wanna make some better beats,fuity loops dont cut it nomore.i was looking at native instruments as a sampler,its so damn expensive,i dont know about the sequencer. my question is do you think this is a good choice for hip hop and r&b?what sequencer pairs good with this???

Although it is a little expensive a MPC may save the day for you. It is a sampler and sequencer in one package.

MPC2000XL. or 1000 Dope you can find the 1000 for a good price search around ebay and on these forums. People don't be knowing the power of the 1000 so they quick to get rid of it.

Hey, dont give up on fruity. I happen to be a very visual person so fruity does it for me. However i have heard that MPC's will do the job but im not quite convinced. If ur a sampling fiend then id stick to the computer. i wanted to try my hand out on a sampler/sequencer(aside from an MPC) and i came across the Roland sp606.Maybe of little financial help and comes with cakewalk software. ive never used the machine but if i were to get a sampler i would start with that plus its a couple hundred less than the MpC1000. Actually 695 to be exact.
goodluck

yea fruity loops was the thing to me,i had the demo for a couple a months than got the producer addition,was suprises when i discovered not a vast difference between them.it was like the demo with a few bells and whistles and i was getting tired anyway,i still stay on the grind with it though until i get somethin better

can you do an entire song on the mpc,it resembles a drum machine, can you get like guitar samples or violin samples or whatever in there ???

I still use ACID as I have since the beginning. I've upgraded of course, but I'm happy with it. I don't think I'll ever get into hardware sequencers/samplers because I didn't learn on them. It seems that since I've been using ACID for 5 years or so that I'm so used to it and it would be a step backwards to drop it and learn something completely different. I know I'm probably wrong, but I don't see what sort of difference this would make (perhaps I'm ignorant. If so, prove me wrong, please).

Your probably looking for something more high end, but this gets the job done for me and I'll tell ya what: I've heard some incredibly dope shit done entirley on ACID.

My opinion.

-Springfield

mr. produca said:
yea fruity loops was the thing to me,i had the demo for a couple a months than got the producer addition,was suprises when i discovered not a vast difference between them.it was like the demo with a few bells and whistles and i was getting tired anyway,i still stay on the grind with it though until i get somethin better

Yes ........

If you play keys at all check out the ASR-10 (kanye, rza)
If you like that raw, dirty sound check out the SP-1200 (beatminers, Pete Rock)

thanks tommyill, to me kanye is the man, ill definitly have to check that out for my self,and i also love the raw sound sound so ill take in all your considerations.thanks for the input, anybody else??

haha

these guys got a lot of tools to work with,me and my fruity loops lol :D :D
i dont have any experience with hardware samplers or drum machines so ill be lost for a few days with that :D

smashngrab said:
as far as samplers i have owned.... deep breath- in this order
sp 1200/ roland w-30/ yamaha su-700/ korg triton/ mpc 2000xl/
i presently own the motif and the mpc 1000. and the winner is......envelope ladies

for best sampler the yamaha su-700!!! i will give you pro's and cons of each if you want em!!!

Smash, could you pm me with the pros and cons of them?

Back