Sampled Jimmi Hendrix Beat

matic

1/2 of "Duces Wild"
I am making beats for my upcoming album and i have sampled jimmi hendrix on this beat but its a little diffrent so i was wondering if i should use it or scrap it. so i am looking for any feed back...good or bad TOWER OF POWER

Thank You,

This is tight, flipped it completely different than I did. Feeling the drum programming. Kinda short so can’t really say too much, but with the right vocal this could make a hot ass song.

I remember “Answer”, after peeping that and hearing your flow again I would say you should definitely do Watchtower….you definitely got the flow for it.

I don’t like to make comparisons, but you sound a lot like Twista. Flow and voice wise.

ok stray, thanx 4 the feed back sum people weren't feeling it. ohh and alota people make that twista comparison

You sampled All Along The Watch Tower???? Sacrilege! :eek: Jimmi is rolling in his grave.

Track Rat said:
You sampled All Along The Watch Tower???? Sacrilege! :eek: Jimmi is rolling in his grave.
LOL. How do you figure? It’s not even his song…he just made it popular. Matic should get props for doing it differently than Dylan or Hendrix did it, unlike everyone else who just covers it and does a piss poor job trying to be Jimmi.

You probably don't appreciate hip-hop though, so I guess this is understandable. Innovative and open people like Jimmi and Bob, probably wouldn't be so closed minded.

Last edited:
I would quiet down the drums (and possibly select a different kick/or maybe lessen the frequency of it). Something about the drums is quite annoying/distracting.

Nick The Man said:
you guys mean JIMI is rolling over in his grave. as well as bob dylan and all the others
Not to be rude, but look you are not one to be correcting spelling errors. :D :p :rolleyes:

MAN THIS AN"T A MUTHA FUCKIN ENGLISH CLASS LISTEN TO MY MUSIC AND LEAVE FEED BACK OR DON"T POST AT ALL :mad: !!

hahahahahahahahaa

why do we get pissed on a recording website .... im gonna have to admit to it and just say ..... because its fun to pick shit with people who most likley live at least 5 hours away

matic said:
MAN THIS AN"T A MUTHA FUCKIN ENGLISH CLASS LISTEN TO MY MUSIC AND LEAVE FEED BACK OR DON"T POST AT ALL :mad: !!
Okay then, I like the beat. I agree that the drums need to come down a little bit though.
Nick The Man said:
hahahahahahahahaa

why do we get pissed on a recording website .... im gonna have to admit to it and just say ..... because its fun to pick shit with people who most likley live at least 5 hours away
I was just joking by the way.

MadAudio said:
If you respect the man you WILL spell his name correctly. It's

Jimi

End of story.

YEAH thats what im talking about ...someone to back me up. if your gonna use his aweosme guitar work you should spell his name right

Nick The Man said:
YEAH thats what im talking about ...someone to back me up. if your gonna use his aweosme guitar work you should spell his name right

Hey paperboy, you need to stay out of this forum because you act like a bitch everytime you come in here, We know you dont like rap/hip hop so why dont you go play with yourself like all the other kids your age.........

Matic yeah turn up the guitars and EQ the drums... Nice track!

hey man that beat is sick theres nothing wrong with that shit at all. if you dont want to use it youre more than welcome to send it to me ill throw some vocals on it for sure.

JIMI JIMI JIMI r u happy i don't think he would even care that much about 1 extra "M" in his name he would care more about me being able to put a tastefull flair on his already wonderfull guitar work so it can reach a diffrent audience that would never have herd a jimi hendrix song. SO please!!! just leave feedback about the content of the music not a grammatical error

Nice work!
I don't know why a forum for learning and sharing ideas turn into such a bitch session. Who cares about spelling? I try not to talk sh*t until it is thrown my way, but leave the sarcasim at the door............

Anyway, nice work matic............Keep banging!

Trumpspade said:
Nice work!
I don't know why a forum for learning and sharing ideas turn into such a bitch session. Who cares about spelling? I try not to talk sh*t until it is thrown my way, but leave the sarcasim at the door............

Anyway, nice work matic............Keep banging!

i agree all i was saying is its spelled jimi not jimmi and every goes after me (probably cause i only have one green chicklet)

Back