Russell Simmons speaks out!

fuck that Russell Simmons cuse like shit.... stop trying to be politically correct.....

Im a start bein like the old eminem and start sayin shit just to offend people

I already do when I wish to.

I will say this though. I, in my own decision, chose to never say "nigga" again in my lyrics? Political correctness? Fuck no. It's simply because I think my lyrics are tighter and more challenging for me to write without using that...it became a "crutch" word for me.

I feel like this.The words will always be around but there was a time when you just couldn't say certain things on the radio or TV no matter who you were.There has to be some sort of decency out here.The usual excuse is that people are rapping and singing about their experiences on life. Its been hurting OUR community for a long time now.Little boys trying to emulate what they hear and little girls believing they are worthless.As a parent its my responsibility to keep them away from the bad messages and let them be examples to their peers.Everyone needs to look in the mirror and ask themselves is it about keeping it real or keeping it right.Lessons are learned through repetition.How did we learn our ABCs?

REEK BROCK said:
I feel like this.The words will always be around but there was a time when you just couldn't say certain things on the radio or TV no matter who you were.There has to be some sort of decency out here.The usual excuse is that people are rapping and singing about their experiences on life. Its been hurting OUR community for a long time now.Little boys trying to emulate what they hear and little girls believing they are worthless.As a parent its my responsibility to keep them away from the bad messages and let them be examples to their peers.Everyone needs to look in the mirror and ask themselves is it about keeping it real or keeping it right.Lessons are learned through repetition.How did we learn our ABCs?

thats what i get tired of a lot of times.... why do people insist on hold rappers and singers up as role models just cause their on TV when in reality if they weren't successful and they lived in your neiborhoods they would be the people you call the cops on... in my opinion its not the musics fault that kids are growing up to fast.... like u went on to explain its parenting..... if kids aren't being parented right then their headed down the wrong path in the first place.... No matter how bad it sounds Im not responcible for being a role model thru my music..... there's maybe 3 people out there that I feel like Im a role model for my nephew and my little cousins and that has nothing to do with music they look up to me as a man not a rapper....... And futher more when It comes to OUR community its not just the rappers and the dope dealers that killing it... Its also on the hands of the ones who are smart enough to get an education and get outta the hoods... never to come back.... I never saw any Doctors or lawyers where im from come back and so much as spend time with the youth.... but the dope boys best believe they was there everyday..... givin the kids lunch money from here to there... buying um shit from the ice cream truck and thats why their the ones looked up 2.....

this was way of topic from the original post but it sorta goes wit it what Im tryin to say is you cant just say oh dont use those words you gotta duty to be a good role model for the youth and stuff like that cause in my eyes I dont.... when my lil manz (nephew) is old enough to hear my music ill explain to him what I mean by my words and that everything you hear or see isn't to be repeated or idealized.... if everybody did that and the change started in the home then maybe shit wouldnt be the way it is.....

RANT

Quote by Fyre:I never saw any Doctors or lawyers where im from come back and so much as spend time with the youth.... but the dope boys best believe they was there everyday..... givin the kids lunch money from here to there... buying um shit from the ice cream truck and thats why their the ones looked up 2.....

I believe that this is where we go wrong.Glamorizing the drug dealers and pimps because that's what we see everyday.Giving out a few dollars to make sure these kids don't snitch on them and so they can be recruited to do their dirty work can't compare to the damage turning they moms and dads into zombies just so they can go blow the money on bullshit.How many take that money and invest it in the hood. Make some legal jobs for these kids.Make the hood better overall?We have to make these kids see the world is so much bigger than down the block.The music thing is just a part of it.Rappers didn't ask to be role models but drug dealers and pimps didn't ask either.This topic is so big I can go on and on.Let me have it on what you think about this.

i don't mean to be off topic or anything but i would rather hear an emcee tell me about wuts goin down in his hood over an emcee tellin me "this is why he hot" 50,000 times in one track, but it don't gotta be hood shit tho ya mean i think if not now then soon the time will come when inspirational hiphop will come back (like the days of pac) cuz the shit he spit was crazy real and inspirational and didn't drive on low points, he talked about low points and tryed to get people to see it so there could be change, if he was still around the game wouldn't be like this or he woulda left the game behind just my 2 cents

:confused: I agree with Reek, but who cares :confused:

I know some of you cats are kinda young in here, but it is no knock against your skills. But when you start having kids, your outlook will probably change! Yeah, raising a kid starts at home and that is where the focus SHOULD be. But kids are EXTREMELY influenced by what they hear on the radio and what they see on TV. I think it is equally important that we take some responsibility in community and show kids other forms of positive expression. It is a personal preference of what you chose to say, freedom of speech. But I, for one, will not use profanity in my Music, and I have turned down singing hooks on peoples tracks that consisted of profanity, Nigga, Bitch, and on and on...........
But that is just my preference, I mean c'mon I'm 40! My Son who is 17 can't be in his room listening to it either, so I can't be a hypocrite and partake. But I don't knock those who do, it is form of expression for many, and just a lack of vocabulary for most! Plus, I was not raised in a household where people cursed, so I have no excuse to use it. I feel like it is a diss to my Parents!
Just my opinions though~~~

PS Fyre I know you say it's not just rappers.....But, rappers have pulled the influence rug under the feet of alot of athletes, community leaders, and politicians, and not by choice! Hiphop is mainstream now, so it has a voice. What kind of message do you think is important to send right now? The voice of oppression is evident! The cry for help is overwhelming! I think it is a time for Healing and Direction! Our community is only getting worse!

REEK BROCK said:
Quote by Fyre:I never saw any Doctors or lawyers where im from come back and so much as spend time with the youth.... but the dope boys best believe they was there everyday..... givin the kids lunch money from here to there... buying um shit from the ice cream truck and thats why their the ones looked up 2.....

I believe that this is where we go wrong.Glamorizing the drug dealers and pimps because that's what we see everyday.Giving out a few dollars to make sure these kids don't snitch on them and so they can be recruited to do their dirty work can't compare to the damage turning they moms and dads into zombies just so they can go blow the money on bullshit.How many take that money and invest it in the hood. Make some legal jobs for these kids.Make the hood better overall?We have to make these kids see the world is so much bigger than down the block.The music thing is just a part of it.Rappers didn't ask to be role models but drug dealers and pimps didn't ask either.This topic is so big I can go on and on.Let me have it on what you think about this.

i think u mistook what i was tryin to say....... i wasnt sayin its a good thing what I was tryin to say is thats the way it is and the reason kids today dont look up to the doctors and lawyers and so called stand up citizens is because they dont see them.....

Trumpspade said:
:confused: I agree with Reek, but who cares :confused:

I know some of you cats are kinda young in here, but it is no knock against your skills. But when you start having kids, your outlook will probably change! Yeah, raising a kid starts at home and that is where the focus SHOULD be. But kids are EXTREMELY influenced by what they hear on the radio and what they see on TV. I think it is equally important that we take some responsibility in community and show kids other forms of positive expression. It is a personal preference of what you chose to say, freedom of speech. But I, for one, will not use profanity in my Music, and I have turned down singing hooks on peoples tracks that consisted of profanity, Nigga, Bitch, and on and on...........
But that is just my preference, I mean c'mon I'm 40! My Son who is 17 can't be in his room listening to it either, so I can't be a hypocrite and partake. But I don't knock those who do, it is form of expression for many, and just a lack of vocabulary for most! Plus, I was not raised in a household where people cursed, so I have no excuse to use it. I feel like it is a diss to my Parents!
Just my opinions though~~~

PS Fyre I know you say it's not just rappers.....But, rappers have pulled the influence rug under the feet of alot of athletes, community leaders, and politicians, and not by choice! Hiphop is mainstream now, so it has a voice. What kind of message do you think is important to send right now? The voice of oppression is evident! The cry for help is overwhelming! I think it is a time for Healing and Direction! Our community is only getting worse!

Real talk it is time for a change but I still think that change is more on the hands of the people raising the children...... My nephew is just like my son trust me like yea he mine as well be my son..... and I kno kids are easy to influence but thats easy to stop in my opinion...... when your kid knows the new young jeezy song better then he knows his ABC's its time to sit him down....... I mean iown kno how to explain it in words wit out typin a essay so im a stop now lol

Fyre said:
Real talk it is time for a change but I still think that change is more on the hands of the people raising the children...... My nephew is just like my son trust me like yea he mine as well be my son..... and I kno kids are easy to influence but thats easy to stop in my opinion...... when your kid knows the new young jeezy song better then he knows his ABC's its time to sit him down....... I mean iown kno how to explain it in words wit out typin a essay so im a stop now lol

I feel ya!
It most def starts at home. And that by eliminating Jeezy from entering the crib, unless he is smuggled in. My sister is a prime example, she is 43. She rides down the street bumping LOUDLY Jigga, Jeezy, whoever is hot with her 16 year old twins like they just hanging out. That is a straight parental issue!So I agree it starts at the CRIB! But I just want to set an example and be an example to my 2 boys (17&12) and my Baby Girl (9).............

sorry, i have to shed Truth on this matter and share my faith with everyone...

James 3
Taming the Tongue

1Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check.

3When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. 4Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. 5Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. 6The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

7All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and creatures of the sea are being tamed and have been tamed by man, 8but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.

9With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. 10Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be.

James says a lot in these few passages. First, regarding this matter... is that you WILL be judged more harshly if you put yourself in a "teaching" position. whether you agree with it or not, or like it or not, you ARE a role model to someone/anyone who hears the music you are distributing. you are representing yourself with your music. it IS your own responsibility to 'protect' those who may hear it. saying that -- it is also a lot of the parent's responsibility, or lack thereof, to keep their own from getting too much garbage. "garbage in, garbage out" is a very true statement. discipline and values start in the home, and too often than not parents let schools, society, tv, and music teach their children right from wrong instead of doing it themselves. another note of discipline: the bible says "those that despise discipline despise the Lord".

In the 2nd paragraph (verse 3) James compares the tongue to different things and says tho it's a small part of the body, it can do a lot of damage (stick and stones.... unfortunately can break spirits).

and on a more serious note, after James says (basically) that we must do everything we can to tame our tongues, that no man can - no matter how hard he tries. this does not mean stop trying - it means persevere -- (Romans 5: )"we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope."

i'm sorry if anyone feels opposed to this, but i believe it's Truth.

Bless.

^^AMEN! :D Folks don't understand how much power is in the tongue. Look like it got a little heated in here!! Lets get back to the beatz fam.

Naw its not heated lol open discussion is always a good thing i love it....

and at the same time i feel u Bo and i kno words are weapons..... but when u listen to my music and you hear the pain that comes out is that a bad thing..... its a known fact that life is hard and yes there are good and bad but at this time in my life and in my music the bad is wat comes out.... sure i could go and make some uplifting music just for the sake of it... but for me that would be worse then going into the booth saying I got a big house, lots of money, and women all over me I gotta stay try to myself..... I agree with most of what you said but
it IS your own responsibility to 'protect' those who may hear it.
I dont really agree with that.... and in all honesty what am I protecting them from the Truth? Is it better for me to sugar got my words and tell the world (mainly the youth) that life is like a big green field full of flowers and birds chirping... I dont think so cause in my eyes its a lie... I feel like I tell the truth in my words and like everybody knows the truth hurts.
you ARE a role model to someone/anyone who hears the music you are distributing. you are representing yourself with your music.
Im not really debating that I am a role model thru my music im just saying it shouldnt be that way..... and yes I am representing myself.... but Its just MY thoughts My experience MY life...

it's not a bad thing to tell about the bad. it's life. to me, it's HOW you tell about the bad. do you push it off as no big deal? or do you rhyme about how it should be or what you can do to change it?

don't sugar coat words and make it seem like life is peachy, but you don't have to find a nook in the heap of trash either. separate yourself from it if you don't support it. "guilty by association" you know?

it shouldn't be that you are a role model, but it is that way. it always has and always will be. even though you are only representing yourself, you mean for others to hear it, don't you? if so - then you have just set yourself up to teach others. good or bad. wrong or right. fun or serious. you are now a teacher. what you say (and how you say it) shows more than some might think about themselves to the listener.

it's all love. i'm still calm, hehe.

i thought this one Rick Ross song was always dope until one day i realized he wasent saying 'taking the hoes' he was really saying 'RAPING the hoes'..come on dude i mean im all about freedom of speech and shit but we're talking about a dude who can say a couple of words that seem meaningless to many but are embedded in immature minds..like whatever Eminem says its allright cuz we all know hes just rhyming the most riidiculous set of compound rhymes whether hes joking or not but nothing he has ever said can really compare to "we raping the hoes" and even if it does he always talks about the fact that you shouldnt take words literally when its obvious that there not literal..w.e i just think the worst part of it all is what should we really consider literal or not? its not like a rapper says something and then in parenthesis says (ignore that) and since it all comes down to that point i just listen to every word as if it was just made up for musical and entertainment purposes except the exceptions like raping the hoes, that seems like its on another level

RafagasMusic said:
i thought this one Rick Ross song was always dope until one day i realized he wasent saying 'taking the hoes' he was really saying 'RAPING the hoes'..come on dude i mean im all about freedom of speech and shit but we're talking about a dude who can say a couple of words that seem meaningless to many but are embedded in immature minds..like whatever Eminem says its allright cuz we all know hes just rhyming the most riidiculous set of compound rhymes whether hes joking or not but nothing he has ever said can really compare to "we raping the hoes" and even if it does he always talks about the fact that you shouldnt take words literally when its obvious that there not literal..w.e i just think the worst part of it all is what should we really consider literal or not? its not like a rapper says something and then in parenthesis says (ignore that) and since it all comes down to that point i just listen to every word as if it was just made up for musical and entertainment purposes except the exceptions like raping the hoes, that seems like its on another level

which rick ross song is that cause raping them hoes as weird as it sounds can mean somethin totally different depending on the context

Back