RIAA loses in court to disabled mother it tried to sue

steve.h said:
I think the RIAA is doing a pretty damn good job of making themselves look bad. In general, I respect your opinions on this board and I know you know your shit, but I can't believe anybody could actually side with the RIAA on basically any front.

I suppose if you're in it for the money, the RIAA is great. And to be fair, I suppose most people on this forum are most likely in it primarily for the money...

It's mainly because my view of it all is through the label's eye. I don't agree with some of the ways they conduct some business, but on some fronts I do. A power house that is represented by us labels. Though my business practices are not "traditional" in the music industry, but damn near close to survive. Being originally an artist to producer to label. I just agree with the good points they make, not the bad lol.

BTW, I do have an application that I'm waiting for, for the RIAA, so when I'm part RIAA, people will hate me? lol

I aint gone wait till you part of RIAA I'm gone start hating you now so I can say I was one of the first ...lol j/k I suppose riaa has its good points. The whole concept of going after people for downloading is silly cuz technology has only caught up with reality. you buy it i borrow it and dub it is the same thing just on a grander scale. technology has just made it more in your face

it's not so much about what the riaa believes in, but the execution. They USE the court system, costing tax dollars, people's dollars and whatnot.......They are label run, and they are in it for the business of the label, not so much the artist. Still, I understand what they are doing, but not so much the way they are doing it.

I know that a lot of artists support file sharing (or look the other way) for the simple fact that they are getting f'ed by the labels, and more people are going to hear their stuff = more people at the shows. It has been a long standing fact that most artists make more money if they go out and show off their stuff on stage than if they sell records through a label.

I'll have to search thru my gmail for the article I read a couple months ago about the riaa abusing the courts.

"Dub it of your man don't spend that 10 bucks, I did for the advance, the back end sucks" ..........first line of "Backend" by Victor Vaughn (aka MF DOOM)

Back