Reasonable beat prices?

royal_design

hey whats up, i'm tying to find out what people on the net think are reasonable prices for beats, leasing as well as exclusive beats. I've seen internet producers sell beats for 600 dollar per beat (exclusive rights) and 25 dollar (licensing). And i've seen others charging from 150 per beat and up (exlusive rights) and 15 dollars per beat (licensing). Now i personally think 400 dollars a beat is reasonable, taking in consideration the amount of time and money i spent on my equipment and taking in consideration the fact that it allows the buyer to profit from my work. I'm from Europe (netherlands) and currently the dollar is way under the euro. 1.36$/1.00e so 400 dollars will come down to 290 euro's. Some of you probably heard my beats, do you think they are woth that kind of money when you are a serious mc or singer who is planning to make profit of the music?

www.soundclick.com/majesticbeats

thanks in advance.

marcus.

It's not about what's reasonable, it's about what you can get...

I've spent $50 on some seriously sick beats... I've spent $500 on some sick beats...

If you can get $400 per beat, do your thing. But I'd say don't price yourself out of competition.

Of course, I know cats who charge $1500+ per beat, as an exclusive... but they don't make the dopest stuff. They just have a "name" and some credentials.

I like "Anticipatin"...but Change is right. I've seen dudes charge $1000 for beats that are far worse than mine. But I think you should really worry about making a name for yourself first...I mean, I wouldn't buy a beat from some random guy.

good advice, I always wonder, why people would sell their work so cheap....but I also understand wont be able to make the maximum amount with out having a name for your self

definitely good advice.

i would size up your competition, royal design. shop around for beats of people you know (or know of) that are producing music. see what they are selling beats for. then decide for yourself or from feedback if your music is sub-par, even with, or better than what they are producing. then base your sale price on that... at least to get started and get a name for yourself. just remember you may be able to get more people wanting beats if your quality is better than others, yet the price is just under what they are charging.

Back