This is real messed up.

REEK BROCK

MR. LAST WORD
I know that things happen in life but this really hit at the wrong time. A while back I posted a link to some song that my artist Wall B made to some mixed reactions. Since then we have been going back perfecting his flow, tightening up his stage presence and I have been working on some tracks to bring out the best in him. We were preparing to get back into the studio this month but he got flicked and will be gone for who knows how long. All that time and energy wasted. I did get something from it though. The knowledge of what to do and what not to do will be priceless. If he wouldve come out the box polished I wouldnt have taken the time to learn the correct steps to take to come out. Im pissed but I know not as much as he is right now.I guess Im back to being freelance for the time being. Anyone that wants to work with me or has any suggestions on my work please feel free to hit me up. Here or on Myspace.

I know that things happen in life but this really hit at the wrong time. A while back I posted a link to some song that my artist Wall B made to some mixed reactions. Since then we have been going back perfecting his flow, tightening up his stage presence and I have been working on some tracks to bring out the best in him. We were preparing to get back into the studio this month but he got flicked and will be gone for who knows how long. All that time and energy wasted. I did get something from it though. The knowledge of what to do and what not to do will be priceless. If he wouldve come out the box polished I wouldnt have taken the time to learn the correct steps to take to come out. Im pissed but I know not as much as he is right now.I guess Im back to being freelance for the time being. Anyone that wants to work with me or has any suggestions on my work please feel free to hit me up. Here or on Myspace.

sorry to here that fam....keep makin moves you will find more talent

yea word sorry to hear that fam all that time gone but like u said at least u learned things so it wasn't a total waste......

Wow, that sucks. But, you in the right mind set to find the positive in hard times... That's how you win.

keep ya head up n keep lookin forward - different circumstances, but have run into path-stopping/changing obstacles myself - tryin to keep REVENGE off my mind is sure to help me maintain n get my goal -

Always baffles me, these dudes wanna be rappers, but can't leave the streets alone.

YOU CAN'T DO BOTH!

Take the lesson and learn from it, Reek. If dudes come to you wanting to put in work, they gotta leave the game alone. There's not room for both in the music business.

Agreed. Music is how a lot of folks in the game go legit because the more dirt you've done the more it can help your image. It's also a way to launder funds as well LOL. We all know you're not getting into sports or a good job with a prison record.

The problem is people are quick to call you fake if you're not posing like you're still in the game when you're trying to go legit by talking about it. A lot of folks have done dirty and see it gets you nowhere, even people on this forum I'm willing to bet.

Always baffles me, these dudes wanna be rappers, but can't leave the streets alone.

YOU CAN'T DO BOTH!

Take the lesson and learn from it, Reek. If dudes come to you wanting to put in work, they gotta leave the game alone. There's not room for both in the music business.

+10 to the squared power of 10

Absolutely agree 1100%. Done it myself.

I was leary of this dude any way but he had some skills on the mic.I now feel that's its most important to work with people with character , morales and integrity. I heard about some things he was involved in and I can't be out with a dude people are looking for. So I think I was leaning towards letting the thing dissolve any way. Now I need to get some more talent on my beats. Everyone wants something for free. Its hard to just let what may be a hit one day go for little to nothing. So I guess Im practicing for the big game for now. Any takers?

You might also want to consider working with some younger cats too. Not necessarily 21 - 24ish but like 16 - 19ish. Younger cats are always going to know what's going on because they're listening to it. Of course if they're under 18, you're going to have to get through to their parents for permission, but usually it's no big deal if they see you're trying to do something positive for their kids.

Younger people are also less likely to have an ego and will respect your position and knowledge. They'll just be happy to be on a song that they can go show off to their homies. If nothing serious ever comes out of it, you get experience, they get some songs that they can go brag about. Also it may bring you business (a win-win deal). Trust on that.

Fiev.

not that this is 100 percent relevant, but i want to put up a sign in my front yard saying - HIP HOP STUDIO IN EFFECT. CALL IF INTERESTED IN JOINT VENTURES. OPEN FOR BUSINESS.

but i guess that would be inviting thieves!! lol

not that this is 100 percent relevant, but i want to put up a sign in my front yard saying - HIP HOP STUDIO IN EFFECT. CALL IF INTERESTED IN JOINT VENTURES. OPEN FOR BUSINESS.

but i guess that would be inviting thieves!! lol

Just be sure to add, SECURITY WELL ENFORCED!!!

Back