That R. Kelly Sound????

Wow, one of his keyboadist taught you? Well, Im in the Chicago area also and Im looking for an inexpensive place in the city to visual experience on producing music. I have a basic understanding, but I feel that if I sat in on a session on day, then that would be very beneficial to me. Im not looking to bite anyones style, I just want a foundation to work from. I have a Korg Triton 61 key, and other small stuff at home but I need to watch a pro work in order to fix what I've been doing wrong for so many years. I would love it if one of you Chicago cats could hook up some kind of session I can sit in or something; that way I can get a more upfront approach to good production. If you have any more tips or info, please continue to share. Thanks again guys.

Hmmm?

I WISH i was still in contact with him...unfortunately he's now an 'ex' and i don't think that would be a wise decision. He still plays at those big a$$ churches occassionally and does work for Public Announcement, but other than that...i have NO IDEA where he has gone and will leave it alone.

However. I do know another talented keyboardist and vocal coach...he works with this local little kid...ummmm...the kid's name is 'Maestro'...he's like 12. Anyway,the keyboardist... lives around the corner from me...i see him occassionally and can see if it would be OK, then i can let y'all exchange the contact info. Or email you his...whatever...gimme a week.

The music community in this city has been very helpful and supportive for me...if i can help anyone else...i'll try.

Thank you so much!

Whoa! Thank u so much. Im familiar with Maestro, the little kid who jumps around doing all those Michael Jackson splits and stuff, lol. He's a talented youth, and I used to take glimps at his T.V. show when he had one. That would be great. I basically just want some extra incite on producing urban music. Any hook ups you have will be appreciated including sessions I can sit in. Email me at "lilraydio@aol.com", or hit me on AIM at "lilraydio".

This turned out great

mshea
raydio

This turned out extremely great, now watch and see this kid become a rising star and surpass all of us, and not give anyone here shoutouts for helping'em out.

"lil hercules, lil hercules"

sorry, couldnt resist the temptation to joke, but honestly glad this thread ended up with someone able to help you out to further your goal. Continue on my brother, mixing and engineering is another battle, and alas the dreaded M A S T E R I N G.

Re: This turned out great

[email]mstudio1224@aol.com[/email] said:
mshea
raydio

This turned out extremely great, now watch and see this kid become a rising star and surpass all of us, and not give anyone here shoutouts for helping'em out.

"lil hercules, lil hercules"

sorry, couldnt resist the temptation to joke, but honestly glad this thread ended up with someone able to help you out to further your goal. Continue on my brother, mixing and engineering is another battle, and alas the dreaded M A S T E R I N G.

True words spoken by a brutha' who has put in work for
Mary J. Blige and others!
What up T.!

Wha da deal fam, havent seen you in a while, yo! you gotta check the CD man! --- well I'm already on to the next one, but anyway it's hot.

Did a three month tour, last year, (not with Ms Blige) but for self
all went well, now I'm waiting on UNIVERSAL. You know, "THE WAITING GAME" but yo! holla at me mang.

Oh! and dont worry about that LRC I sold all my adats, and I'm about to sell my Mackie MDR 24/96 ---------

DP3 & PRO-TOOLS only --- A DEADLY COMBINATION mang
holla mang!, I'd love to hear your new stuff

MISTERCQUE in the building yall, give it up (APPLAUSE)

Yeah,little Maestro is the nest big thing outta the chi..They've been schooling that little smarty pants since birth.....

Ay yo mstudio; I peeped your post on teh DP3 and Pro Tools setup. I'd have to agree, one of the studio's I record at are running the same DAW setup and its hot as hell. I have an example of a song I produced and recorded for my clique a while back. Check out the link and you can get a good idea of what it did for me. Sorry for not posting in da lil Mp3 clinic thang, but if you guys have feedback it would be appreciated. Holla!

http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/2421/2421381.html

hot joint there

raydio

Hot joint right there fam, keep doing ya damn thannng

Yeah DP3 & Pro-Tools are seamless together, but not to say other softwares dont work, hell I did my whole CD in CUBASE 5.1 and it's still hot. I just use DP3 & Pro-Tools a lot more now, cause ---that's the way the game is played------ simply put

it's no better, it's no different, just the man behind the board

But the only major plus is, it's in every studio house you see, so transferring AUDIO is easy as : SAVE AIFF, WAVE file, export out
BOOM ----- your off. One....

Holla atcha boy

P.s. if yall know anyone that wants to buy a MACKIE MDR 24/96
with 3 Analog Cards & 1 M90 drive for $1500 let me know, and for $1750 they get 2 M90 drives and 3 digital I/O cards along with it

I record at Planet Sounds Studios located at 700 N. Sacremento Ave. Its on the West Side. Great studio and the rates are $75 an hour. 2 controll rooms, a lounge, tight service. Ask for Rick, he's my engineer and he knows his stuff. Tell Rick that "Raydio" sent you. Peace!

What ever happened to mshea? Never met up. LOL, i guess it wasnt meant for me, ya know. But i evolved alot since then; but if anyone wants to add something, go ahead. Peace!

Back