A quick question

DEADLY

Just wondering what you all do with your beats?
Do you sell them? Are you working with any artists? Do you send them out to rappers who you think would be interested in using them?
Deadly

sometimes, when i make a REALLY dope beat,
i listen to it over and over and over again.
then i let my brother hear it.
then my girl.
then my friends listen to it too.
then i send it on cd to my mom,
and she says it's not right for her album.

oh well...

LOL^^

Man my mom's be acting the same way...if the she can't rock to the beat then she give's me the signal and i gotta drop it..
all that hard work for mom to make or break me ...damn

LOl

Peace Love Respect,

Ya Boy Kevlar

DEADLY said:
Just wondering what you all do with your beats?
Do you sell them? Are you working with any artists? Do you send them out to rappers who you think would be interested in using them?
Deadly

Not gonna really answer your question directly, but instead give you a piece of advice. If you make beats let, allow, give rights to use, yada yada to every artist you know and let their creativity take over. Some wil be decent most will be shit, and a few will be real tight.....

You cannot make a name for yourself as a producer without artists who are the represntatives of your tracks. There are literally 1,000's of producers on the web who do nothing but let dope beats sit in cyberspace waiting for some no name wanna be rapper of the day to come along and pay $100 for it. What a fuckin waste---------My opinion

So True......So So True............

Let me tell you what I did about a year ago............
I first started experimenting with music (Drum machines, keyboards, software, etc....)
A couple of my partners thought my shit was butter, I knew it was decent but not tripping like they were. Anyway, we would get together every Friday night, come up with some freestyles, I would make up a hook, and we would rock it.
I would clean it up, burn a couple of tracks, and rock it in the park the next day. We did that shit every weekend for a month. People felt our energy and some cats wanted to be down. Well of course.......
Every since then, I make beats and get rid of them. When I hear someone bumping my beat It makes me cheese like that :D
I just recently started taking it a bit more serious, beats come a dime a dozen. So my beats now are primarily for the artist that I work with. Every so often I am tasked by a popular local act for a beat, depending on my relationship with them I breaks them off a 'lil sumpin....
Bottom line, You have to let people taste your food before you can sell them a plate

Trizza

Re: Re: A quick question

gec said:
Not gonna really answer your question directly, but instead give you a piece of advice. If you make beats let, allow, give rights to use, yada yada to every artist you know and let their creativity take over. Some wil be decent most will be shit, and a few will be real tight.....

You cannot make a name for yourself as a producer without artists who are the represntatives of your tracks. There are literally 1,000's of producers on the web who do nothing but let dope beats sit in cyberspace waiting for some no name wanna be rapper of the day to come along and pay $100 for it. What a fuckin waste---------My opinion

True.

As a rapper I'm not quite looking to buy beats or even make money yet.

So I go round to the producers who are offering them royalty-free, get sum real nice bangin beats that I'm gonna rip.

When I'm ready to start making money, etc. and I wanna use one of those beats I'd go back and buy it and I'd know which producers I'd be interested in purchasing beats off in the future.

btw, I will always send a track that I've done to the producer so they can use it if they want - put it on their site, etc. I'd even let them put it out and make money off it if they wanted cos I don't give a fuck about the money. Its the music for me.

There. That's my gameplan. That's how I think it works best as well.

It's funny you brought that up:
I'm literally begging this one cat to use some of my sh*t, he peeps this thread out from time to time too. I don't mean that in a desperate way, because we marvelled at each others skillzzz from Day "1"...........
Have you ever just wanted to hear someone nice spitting on top of your sh*t? 'cause you know your sh*t is hot and Cat is spitting str8 fire...DAMN!!!!!!!!!

(chorus)
That's the rush of Hip Hop flowing through my veins vay-ee-ayns
That's the rush of Hip Hop flowing through my veins VEINS..................

Trizza

Back