question for ya

DesertEase

Notorious
anybody know any real good "real" soundin string instruments or vsts? these fake ass synthy strings are really irritating.

DesertEase said:
anybody know any real good "real" soundin string instruments or vsts? these fake ass synthy strings are really irritating.

DE. You might wanna look up some soundfonts mayne. I found some that you can tweak to make some nice strings. Also, some of Reason 3's default strings aren't that bad either. They're not perfect right out the box, but usually by either layering them or tweaking them a little bit.

DesertEase said:
i got zero soundfonts iono wut they are even? point me in the right direction fam

They are files in *.sf2 format that contain samples of instruments and drums. Your midi board in your computer and most keyboards are based on them. Reason and FL use them (especially FL) as instrument fill ins. I would HIGHLY recommend doing a Google search on free ones. Once you learn about them, I would start by going to sf2midi.com. They helped me step my beat game up a LOT and it got me more outside of the limitations of software bundles.

Fiev.

i got like 80 soundfonts now lol so my next queastion to u fiev is this, are there diff. methods of tweaking these sounds or wut do u recommend? treat em like any other instrument?

Yeah treat em like any other instrument you'd use. All it is is a different file type that will run. You know I'm gonna have to upgrade my FL and learn it all over again. I prefer Reason, but it'll be good to know FL too.

fl7 is pretty much the same as 6 with a few new filters and plugins.....if your a sampler and u use fl and adobe/cool edit pro then once u learn how to use the new edison plugin in fl7 you won't need adobe/cool edit any more

Been YEARS since I've even touched Cool Edit. I'm a die hard Cubase head now.

I haven't used FL since like version 3. LOL.

Back