Quantization and hidden sounds..

gkowal

guys when i listen close to professionaly done hip hop beats EXAMPLE ... GANGSTARR - SKILLS i can hear the hidden kicks very quiet (you can hear the beat better if you slow it down to 50 bpms.. is that the secret for the beats to sound good( they are in a very weird sequence)? plus QUANTIZATION - pain in the ass i never know how to ( i use FL and it is a pain in the ass somehow beats do not come out the way you want with it) how do make that TO LATE effect on the kick in this "skills" beat?? what is the SECRET to quantization?? (FruityLoopS sucks ASS)

I use hardware sequencers,, rm1x. I find there are different quantizations settings. Like swing that makes kicks a little late and such. If your using software,,, maybe there are different settings that let you do this . Experiment with them a little (if you have em). If you dont, try another software that might. I use hardware for sequencing so Its just my guess/ opinion. I notice some songs myself that have hidden stuff in it. When i make a rap song,,, alot of times the details I put in that i hear so clearly go unnoticed unless someone listens to that song a few times .
ima quit babblin ,,, I had a few,
L8teR

Back