proteus 2000

It's a good piece

It's a good piece to have in your arsenal, but honestly a
PLANET PHATT would be better, especially for HIP HOP use.

my other producers have that piece, they do good stuff, but because they dont play (keyboards) there's a lot that they are not using in it. So I told them about the Planet Phatt --- which they loved----

clean, crisp, clear, sampled sounds

i have the planet phatt but i want to know more about the proteus sound wise. What do youi mean by they could not get all out of it because they dont play the keys?

I mean

They havent used it to it's potential, most of the time in hip-hop
it's a single hit type tone, like that "GET CRUNKED UP" joint

dun, dun, dun tikka tik dun dun dun

na' mean, I was showing them how to play (keyboard), it helps a little to know how certain sounds can make a distinctive one.

Bottom line the proteus is hot, just like the Planet Phatt, it just has more sounds for like R&B though and POP stuff, it has stuff
for HIP HOP but the PHATT is a little better to use, that's all

Love Proteus 2000

I purchased Planet Phatt several years ago and I think it is a great piece of equipment. Proteus 2000 is extremely good for hip hop. This track was made using only proteus 2000. www.artistlaunch.com/O.T.

I like proteus 2000 because of sound quality, 32 available midi channels, a digital output and you can add more sound roms.

You may want to consider Emu "Turbo Phatt" unit it has additional slots for new sound roms. It is less expensive.

I like upgradeable equipment. It uses less space and the cost is kept to a minimum.

Back