Producer Point's for those that don't know..

bknot1

Hustle Magic!! We Got It.
Alright we goin to show how to figure out producer points for a album...

the SRLP $18.99(Suggested Retail List Price) multiplied by 3%(Producer's Points)= 57 cents

$18.99 x .03 = 0.569(.57)

unless you produced the whole album..you won't see .57 cent

now we need to take the .57 cent and divided by the number of tracks on the CD(15)

$18.99 x .03 = 0.569 / 15 = $0.0379 per song

so you will get ~$0.04 per song you produced on the album if you did more then 1 song..its that easy..

so now you know have to figure out what you would get after the labe recoup their money...

stay on your grind...peace

Are you sure about that suggested retail price??? I cant remember the last time I saw a cd for $19 (that wasnt a double album) Or is that simply a "constant" used in the equation?

bknot1 said:
so you will get ~$0.04 per song you produced on the album if you did more then 1 song..its that easy..
JUST TO CLARIFY THAT IS PER UNIT MOVED RIGHT ?

So what about if you hold these other titles what are you looking at standard

producer,
executive producer,
the mixing engineer
the mastering engineer

crunkthanamug said:
Are you sure about that suggested retail price??? I cant remember the last time I saw a cd for $19 (that wasnt a double album) Or is that simply a "constant" used in the equation?

Go into any store other than Bestbuy, Walmart, and Circuit City...(sure I'm missing a few) And the retail price will be that high. Bestbuy and others sell it cheap but they still make about a 1.00 off every CD they sell.

BEATMAKERS said:
JUST TO CLARIFY THAT IS PER UNIT MOVED RIGHT ?

So what about if you hold these other titles what are you looking at standard

producer,
executive producer,
the mixing engineer
the mastering engineer

yep..per unit sold..

the excutive producer is mostly the CEO of the label
and the mixing and mastering engineet charges by the hout for the mixin and might get money on the back end when sale reach a certain amount..

i will get some examples for you later

so if the producer gets 3% how much does the artist get?

--whew!! this is some funny lookin math. but this is what i have to get my brain wrapped around BEFORE i start releasin a record off of my "newly" formed label. -- so how do you do this same thing for the "artist" who will appear on the song(s)?

great thread . . i smell . . . a rep point!!!!

gullyjewelz said:
so if the producer gets 3% how much does the artist get?

--whew!! this is some funny lookin math. but this is what i have to get my brain wrapped around BEFORE i start releasin a record off of my "newly" formed label. -- so how do you do this same thing for the "artist" who will appear on the song(s)?

great thread . . i smell . . . a rep point!!!!

and artist gets 12-15%(new artists)
then you deduct the 3% producers fee from the artist point which inturns leaves him/her with 9-12%

In almost all cases, producers get paid from record one (first sold). The artist has to wait until the recording costs are recouped.

this is exactly why i want to be the producer and artist........ no writters or nothing just me that way i get my whole 15%....... which is still a dayum shame but oh well

Good looking on this shit...

we don't have anglo-saxon law over here though... (I learned about this kinda stuff in school)

bizz knowledge is important!

peace

Mo-Kay

Change of POETS said:
Always a good thread to bump.

We need to get you as the forum Mod, man. Get all this info consolidated into one thread, and get it stickied.

LOL...i dnot think that would happend..been tryin to get a few things made stickies but no one (SPIN) really come in here to much..cause we all get along so well and we run off the spammers..and keep good info for each other in here...

plus i wont beable to be on here like this come july..since i will be transfering for the last time in my military career..yeah retirement is lookin good from 1 job at least..LOL

but we will see depending on where i go for the next 3 years before i come back to MD..

Back