PRO Registration hints

bknot1

Hustle Magic!! We Got It.
Wsup fam..here is a little hints on registrating your song(s) online with your PROs (this is based on BMI since im a memeber and the only one i know that has online registration)..

Work Content
An option indicating if the work consists of
Music & Lyrics
Music Only
or for Classical works Music with/& Text.

Role
The part played by the songwriter/composer in creating the work. Valid options are:
Author: The writer created the lyrics or text only
Composer: The writer created the music only
Composer/Author: The writer created both the music and lyrics/text
Adaptor: The writer modified/adapted the lyric or text of a pre-existing Public Domain work
Arranger: The writer modified the musical elements of a pre-existing Public Domain work
Translator: The writer translated the lyric or text of a pre-existing work into another language

Share of Work (writer)
Percentage of the work with which this writer/composer is to be credited. Total writer shares cannot exceed 200%.

ok.. since most of our work is collaborations.. you should be registering your Song as Music and Lyrics ..also the composer need to do the same

now you also need to list every writer on the song...ie..(example)

K Tracks (government name tho) as Author since he wrote the lyrics
Noddy (gov. name) as Composer since he did the music..

now unless they have a publishing company the profit will be split 100% for KT and 100% Noddy..

if they do have a publishing Company then it will be KT 50% noddy 50% then when you list the publishing comanies the same way..if it just one then will get 100% and the aother artist need to get with the company to get his sahre.. hope this explain of registration of you songs ..any question post here,,and i will find the right answer if i dont know it

Back