Not sure if this is the right forum but I have a question on a sound I am looking for

needmyownstudio

I am trying to find out a few details about a synthy kind of 404 sound. It was all over various records from the Dr Dre album "The Chronic". You can hear the sound in the background on the track "Let me Ride". An audio sample of let me ride may be found here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...9177616-2749753

This sound has been used in several Dr Dre productions, as well as by many other artists. I chose to use "Let me Ride" as the example simply because it had an audio sample readily available. My questions are this:

1. who originated this sound?

2. what is the name of this sound?

3. how can i duplicate this sound (in general, and/or more specifically with cool edit/and or fruity loops)?

Re: Not sure if this is the right forum but I have a question on a sound I am looking for

needmyownstudio said:
I am trying to find out a few details about a synthy kind of 404 sound. It was all over various records from the Dr Dre album "The Chronic". You can hear the sound in the background on the track "Let me Ride". An audio sample of let me ride may be found here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...9177616-2749753

This sound has been used in several Dr Dre productions, as well as by many other artists. I chose to use "Let me Ride" as the example simply because it had an audio sample readily available. My questions are this:

1. who originated this sound?

2. what is the name of this sound?

3. how can i duplicate this sound (in general, and/or more specifically with cool edit/and or fruity loops)?

one word.

Moog

A Lot of softsynths can reproduce this sound plus many more sounds.

Malcolm

Word you can look for MOOG samples and play em back in the high notes. But on the real any decent SQUARE wave can work. The computer generated ones can be kind of clean but if you run em through some chorus and add a little reverb or something you can color it up some.

I just pulled a quick sample from the RM1X...

Attachments

• square.mp3
    47.8 KB · Views: 19
thanks a lot by the way guys. my bad it took so long for me to respond. i read the shit like a week ago but i just realized i didnt thank yall.

Back