*new Song* I Wanna Talk To You

I like the beat and it's definitely something to sing over...but I don't think your voice was powerful enough. I'm not being mean or anything (I can't sing at all), but I wouldn't listen to it...the chorus was pretty good though. Definitely don't stop though, cuz that's good stuff.

thanks!!!

thats wats up man, u kno i respect everyones opinion :) besides i got more adding to do to it as far as vocal approach is concerned (i was told a singer would be nice on it). i was just going for a more somber approach to it and show how my emotions change with every verse because of the realizations im coming to up until the end

I like the sample and I like the concept!

Vocals can be a bit tighter, kinda sound too on beat, instead it just flowing, but I know it's not fully polished yet.

Personally, I would have a person sing the hook so you won't need to speed the sample up. I'm just not a fan of the chipmunk, although I know many prominent people use it just to make it fit. I would love to take a stab at it, but it may be a tad bit too high! Maybe, I can find a female....(plus my setup on the 3rd floor is sort of in a open airy area) Not sure of what vocals sound like, haven't recorded yet!

Love the concept though!

Thanks Man

u really think it was too on beat? hmmm, well thats interesting lol anything else you noticed that i could tighten up?

u really think it was too on beat? hmmm, well thats interesting lol anything else you noticed that i could tighten up?

I'm probably not saying it right!

I "think" when you hear someone spitting lyrics, it shouldn't sound like it was written just to fit into a perfect 16 bar verse. That is what I mean by being too perfect. It's just a personal taste of mine, I like the flow to be off here and there, but still fit within the confines of the beat. Being perfect is not a bad thing, it just reminds me of the old days of rap, when dudes were being careful making sure everything was on beat and everything rhymed. Don't get me wrong though, I like where you're going with it.

Last edited:
I'm probably not saying it right!

I like the flow to be off here and there, but still fit within the confines of the beat.

just be careful wit dat . . . i think such a "like" is a rare commodity and an acquired taste . . . most folk (especially the haters just lookin for reason to shit on ur hopes, ambitions, and future plans) would hear something "off" and go slamm into a soap box frenzy about y u shouldnt have any future chances . . .

i say just master the verse and re spit a 2nd or 3rd time, sticking to the delivery but just mastering the emmotions/tones of the lyrics more . .

Back