New Simplistic Beat

Ok, so I decided I'd try and add some vocals to it, see what I could work up..

Same link, just click the "Re-Lapse - Under Pressure" song... mygirlfriend and I "TRIED" to harmonize, my mic SUCKS, and I don't have a booth, so everything echos and yeah.. it's really noticable and it's nt the greatest, but it was for fun so check it out anyway, :P.

--Re-Lapse :D

Just another beat, nothing spectacular, but I think with some tight vocals it'll be a banger.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=660290

--Re-Lapse

Feedback is welcome. :)

That kick is loooow... It sounds like it dominates the mix.. Cool basic stuff.. I would contrast the sounds a bit more... the best simplistic beats have highly contrasting sounds... Take The Neptunes or Timbaland for example.. blips and such...

Peace

That kick is loooow... It sounds like it dominates the mix.. Cool basic stuff.. I would contrast the sounds a bit more... the best simplistic beats have highly contrasting sounds... Take The Neptunes or Timbaland for example.. blips and such...

Peace

I knew I threw that kick a little too low, I'm bad with simplistic, but if I try to add "blips" and other sounds, it just gets horrible and sounds all techno...So, I'll have to try to mix it up better.

Any Idea on Contrasting the sounds better?

Also, how did you think the vocals were? Horrible? :)

--Re-Lapse

I knew I threw that kick a little too low, I'm bad with simplistic, but if I try to add "blips" and other sounds, it just gets horrible and sounds all techno...So, I'll have to try to mix it up better.

Any Idea on Contrasting the sounds better?

Also, how did you think the vocals were? Horrible? :)

--Re-Lapse

Not able to listen again, but I remember most of the sounds being pretty dark.. contrast the dark sounds with bright ones...

Vocals? Ehh... The recording of them ruined it for me.. Remember to use headphones when recording vocals.. You don't wanna get the backing track into the mic again (if you can help it)...

Also the room sounds pretty live... And you should also think about doing multiple takes until it come out just right...

Don't take it too harsh.. just trying to help...

Peace

Not able to listen again, but I remember most of the sounds being pretty dark.. contrast the dark sounds with bright ones...

Vocals? Ehh... The recording of them ruined it for me.. Remember to use headphones when recording vocals.. You don't wanna get the backing track into the mic again (if you can help it)...

Also the room sounds pretty live... And you should also think about doing multiple takes until it come out just right...

Don't take it too harsh.. just trying to help...

Peace

I hear ya, I hear ya. I don't take things harsh, I take them to heart and work on it. Uhm.. Yeah, it does sound live, I'll have to grab a pair of headphones and try it up again. The room is very echo'ish. I'll have to try that contrast on the beat too...

Thanks for the advice. I haven't seen you 'round the threads, so it's nice to know you're here, and actually know something and what not. :P

_||YO NODDY, WHERE YOU AT BRUH?||_

--Re-Lapse

Bump?

Where my fam at? Aint nobody replyin' on what I should do next!? :) I'm workin' on it by myself, but fam needta help meh!

--Re-Lapse :cool:

Back