New new new!! Dope hip hop!! give me crit and i will return ya'll!! K dangerous!

kdanger

Hey guys this is another single type thing off my new album DANGER!
Its called "Stiff Drink"
Please check it out repost follow facebook all that good stuff if you dig it and check out the beat man and other rapper too!! links below
and lemme now what you think!!
always open for collabs and beats ya'll

I love you guys!
Beatman: https://soundcloud.com/electricchermusic
2nd verse: https://soundcloud.com/jacksavage666
Bonus!! This track will also be on Jack Savage's album featuring myself entitled "Six Hits"

Leave your links!

Sure they do. I am guessing the hip-hop forum is sparsely populated around here though. Lots of old curmudgeonly rock and rollers probably never even been to this forum. Like me.

Reciprocity. You post your tunes here. Have you ever taken the time to offer feedback to other posters?

The Hip-Hop forum here is a scrap yard. It's been a joke for a few years now. Rappers are all about "ME! ME! ME!". Everyone pounding their chest, nobody looking at anyone else. Scroll down every thread in the Hip-Hop forum. Thread response: 0,0,0,1,0,0,1....all the way to the bottom. It's like a digital read out. :D

Rappers are all about the drive-by. :)

I'm actually one of the few rockers on this site who loves rap music. I still listen to Snoop's "Doggystyle" and Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" on a regular basis. Both of those are over 20 years old.

So my criticism of rappers is not based on any hate for the music at all. But, like I said, scrolling down the threads in this section makes it plain to see how the rap mentality is all about "I'm the greatest, fuck everyone else", etc.

Even in the MP3 Clinic, when a rapper posts something, it's always "Check out my latest dope beat", and not only do they not comment on anyone else's tunes...they don't even come back to their own threads to reply to comments others have made. This is why I don't comment on any rappers here any more. That's also why I have no sympathy for any rapper whining about not getting any responses. It's a very self-absorbed culture and the word "community" shouldn't even be used to describe it.

I would have put $100 on the answer being "no" without even looking to see if he commented on anyone else's tune.

Damn Dude, that shit you said was heavy!!
Dat was DOPE! You like a prophet, man!
Straight up.
:D

I'm actually one of the few rockers on this site who loves rap music. I still listen to Snoop's "Doggystyle" and Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" on a regular basis. Both of those are over 20 years old.

So my criticism of rappers is not based on any hate for the music at all. But, like I said, scrolling down the threads in this section makes it plain to see how the rap mentality is all about "I'm the greatest, fuck everyone else", etc.

Even in the MP3 Clinic, when a rapper posts something, it's always "Check out my latest dope beat", and not only do they not comment on anyone else's tunes...they don't even come back to their own threads to reply to comments others have made. This is why I don't comment on any rappers here any more. That's also why I have no sympathy for any rapper whining about not getting any responses. It's a very self-absorbed culture and the word "community" shouldn't even be used to describe it.

I have the same feeling. At least from the ones of this genre that post here.

Every Wednesday evening my studio is booked with a rap project. They always pay on the spot and show up on time. But they do not care about anything else other than what they do.

I suppose it is just their style.

I'm not a hip hop fan, but I gave it a listen. The lyrics were interesting and suggestive, though I was not sure what you were getting at. The wordplay was entertaining, and a few of the lines I thought were really good ("contemplate the commonness of rarity"). Here are what I saw as problems. First, your master was just insanely loud, compressed, and clipping all over the place. It gave the entire track and especially the vocal an unpleasant, crackly vibe that was off-putting. That deliberate crackling effect you had going in the background reinforced the clipping. I would roll it right back to your raw tracks and mix and master again, keeping an eye on levels. In terms of the performance, I thought the delivery could have been tighter. There were places where the syllabus of your lyric didn't quite click with the rhythm of your beats. You might need to fine-tune your lyrics and/or rehearse your delivery.

All that said, it wasn't bad. I think you can make it even better.

Like others have said, rap/hip hop doesn't get a lot of love on the forum, but there are a few posting songs in this genre. If you're serious about contributing and being part of a community, why don't you give their tunes a listen and comment? Perhaps they will do the same for you. For example, there is a UK rapper who posted a tune on the MP3 Clinic recently. Here's a link:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/general-discussions/mp3-mixing-clinic/dreams-never-die-neo-soul-ft-debbie-mcneill-383178/

Back