New joint FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The vocals and the mix were on pont. Only prob I had was the beat sounded like something was missing. I felt like i was waiting for something else on the beat to come in but it never did. Other than that good job.

Maybe Questien was waiting for the drums to flip or something. I kinda got that feeling, but the rhyme was so on point it didn't matter. You call it like you see it, they all garbage!

Peace.

yea...the drums are just there(they do sound sick though, if i do say so myself )...tried to spice'em up by cuttin them in and out

Oddly enough, I got some ideas on drum arrangement watching this Gospel cat play in a drumoff. It was stupid!!! Anyway, I didn't go all out like that, but using real subtle shifts and changes in odd but on beat spots went a long way. It might be worth a try.

Peace.

what do u mean moving the kick or snare off its 'quantize position' instead of 000 for ex move to 010???

Not quite. More like fills and extra hits. I thought normal fills would be too much, so I just added a few here and there. Also I found that breaks on the 4th measure got too predictable, so I put some on 1st and 3rds, but still on beat. I'm still experimenting myself, so maybe I'm full of s#!+. Wish my gear was hooked up, I'd xfer you an example or something. Just sharing an experience.

Peace.

I likes it... Vocals are tight and track got that jump, jump typa thing going. Nice...

Dog you should try some transpose tricks on the chorus... Drop things down a note or 2... Drop the bass down a octave or somthing... Just an idea. Yo a long synth pad typa thing on the first note of the verse or maybe the chorus. Ya know some stuff to indicate the ins and outs of each part.

Nice work cuz... Those just some things i'd look at myself.

Do ya thizzle my nizzle...

THE BIG PIECE said:
Also I found that breaks on the 4th measure got too predictable, so I put some on 1st and 3rds, but still on beat.
Peace.

gotta try this

I wouldnt worry to much about changeups with this track it carries with the energy. the only change i would throw in would be a pause opps just heard one other than that this knocks. i would throw in something to id the hooks from the verse and that just cause cats are used to that and can identify with it

holla back
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?threadid=94738

soundboy said:
gotta try this

I wouldnt worry to much about changeups with this track it carries with the energy. the only change i would throw in would be a pause opps just heard one other than that this knocks. i would throw in something to id the hooks from the verse and that just cause cats are used to that and can identify with it

holla back
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?threadid=94738

true...did anyone think the vocals were kinda tooo compress? i was listening on my cousins stereo system(its a pretty decent one) vocals sounded kinda tiny...back to the mixing board :(

Back