New Beat

can I get some feedback

okay,

I see people are at least checkin it out. I know it's not the greatest beat, but I just want some feedback on the the quality. How is the bass sounding, how about the Harpsichord? Somebody tell me something please, I came to this site because I thought I could get some feedback, at least that what I've seen on other posts. So please, if you've got the time check it out. It's only a snippet (36 seconds).

Thanks,
BNB

aight yo i checked it out

a few things...

your drums and percussion (hats) dont match...
need to work on the drum programing for the song

the harpsicord sounds nice though...

you using fruity loops?

peace
LB

thanks

LB,

Thanks for the feedback, I know the drum timing is off. This was a track I did some time back and I wanted to hear some other feedback. I don't se Fruity Loops, I don't even know two much about that program. I use a Rm1x an SU 700 and various sound modules. Oh yeah, what did you mean by my drums and percussion don't match? Did you mean the sound quality of each? I don't mean to press you, but the only feedback I ever get is from people that already know me and they have a tendency to look at things from a friends point of view you know. By the way, how did the mix sound? Was it muddy or clear. Thanks man.

One
BNB

oh yeah...LB where you at in Philly

not bad !

but yes the drums are off and the kick and snare dont go with each other (but thats my ear)

and you cant judge a mix from that type of quality (compressed at 96kbp)

anyway , its sound ok is there an organ in there....?

SOUNDS GOOD EXCEPT THAT DRUM ISSUE YO! LISTEN TO WHATEVER LB TELLS YOU BOUT THEM DRUMS AND LISTEN GOOD CAT CHANGED MY WHOLE WAY OF PROGRAMMING DRUMS WITH JUST A LITTLE BASIC ADVICE...I SEE WHERE YOU WERE GOING WITH IT THO NOW IS TIME TO TUNE UP THE ENGINE SO YOU CAN GET THERE

good lookin out

thanks everybody for all the feedback,

I really appreciate it. bknot, I thought I was the only cat in the world that used an Rm1x. As far the drums, I didn't use the Rm1x to program them. I don't exactly remember how I programmed them, I think I did 'em live, but anyway, trust me, if I can't fix this one up, the next won't have those rhythmic problems. COuld somebody, just fill me in on how possibly I can make this drum kit work or give me tips on ways of constructing them. The way I usually do it is by finding sounds either on any on my sound modules and sampling them or taking drum sounds from cds or LPs. This set came from a sound module...Thanks again.

One
BNB

Back