Neptunes : Clones

Devilfire

What does everyone think about this album .....?

my view ...........its bullshit !!!!!

as expected....

your turn

I think it was pretty innovative but they tried to hard to be different. Different is cool but not too different mann, most of those fuckin synth were just crazy. Im loving that track with Rosco and Pusha T called "Hot"... its basically another attempt at Grindin. Im not sure the average hip hop fan will rave over this so I dont recommend buying this one unless you dont mind a few true ROCK songs, which this CD includes.

well u all have to realize that the neptunes are different..the never really came out as a hip hop group..it just everyone are feelin their beats right now...to some ar goo but some im like they sold that shit...as for the clones cd..i dont know, people will still like it cause their the neptunes and they are trying to do something different..just my 2 cents

I haven't heard this one or the last one but I try to be positive. I can't lie I enjoyed the neptunes like a mutha back in the KELIS days. Guru's Jazzmatazz shit and some more shit had some nice tracks... Hell it's been a gang of em that was some decent work.... Whenever I heard another track I was glad to hear it for the first few years. Then shit became a popularity thing and some tracks where flat out garbage but still got played cuz fools ride dick in the music business. Still they brought some true cutz through so fuck trying to hate... Plus if you got people on your shit like that then it's just gonna be like that.... But with Pharrel's ass being all about the close up shots and singing the shits just getting to be painful. Let another nigga sing the damn hook.... Shits fucking with my head like all this reality TV bullshit. But anyways.... I'm sure they can still drop some nice shit and even get away with some more garbage ass grindin beats and sell millions but they really just get on my damn nerves now. Espcially pharell and that weak ass singing bullshit and them punk ass close up... Yup.....

Anybody heard that MAX MINELLI??? HAPPY PEREZ is a muthaphuka but MAX MINELLI recyled a few too many somgs and rhymes. Shit still sounds pretty good....

see thats what i dont get mostly everyone nowadays agrees that the neptunes are "getting" wack , but yet they still sell and yet every artist wants to work with them .....

im not haten , everyone has there own style but , what they do is abuse the same shit over and over (same drum kits , same guitars , ......clones i guess...)

anyway ....things that dont make sense get under my skin , and the neptunes being one of the most popluar producers in the game now is one of them!

just goes to show you , fuck what you can do or what talent you have , its all about timing and right connections

phareal is a pimp..hugo do all the work . anybody read the article in remix magazine. They keep selling because they are popular just like dj clue. lets be real that motherfucka aint neva been no real dj I know cats that would eat his ass up. hell iwould have ate his ass up. but because he was popular he got hooked up with roc-a-fella. everybody i know who got a clue tape complain about the talkin and shouting on it. The same with neptunes they got a good resume and cats dont want to take a chance so they go with whats safe or considered to be the best. But we all know that you do yo best work when you are what?......Hungry. Them cats aint hungry no more they just trying to make money. Take me for example. I gotts to go that extra mile to try and make my shit better cause dont nobody know me or give two fucks about who i am so my music must speak first. But them they name speaks first Neptunes..go ahead say it with me Neptunes. Just to have they name on the cd helps sells cause the public has been told they are hott so they believe it. For example I had this guy need to get a cd mastered so he went to the "best named guy"in town to have it done and got fucked. Imagine a rap cd with "O" bass. He wanted to keep the guys name on the cd tho for production credit because it was his "name" so he had another guy fix it and add bass but because he wasnt getting production credit he taxed him on the cost. Dont get me wrong they got talent but i have heard more of Sols beats that i like than i have Neptunes. ..hmmmm

why do we feel the need to compete ......, why is everyone afraid to be themself

i miss the early 90's...everyone didnt sound the same....damn i miss those days

Man ya'll should stop Frontin' LOL

well i haven't heard all of the album yet and i am a fanatic when it comes to peepin all the new shit...but i would have to agree with soundboy on this one because ...these cat's just ain't that hungry anymore. I think there pretty much fed if u ask me.. i will disagree with a few though because they have come out with some tight shit here and there..like the beat they did for that beanie man track called "bossman" that shit was hot as hell when i was in miami a hot min ago that's all i heard everywhere and the song is catchy but that beat is catchy as hell too.the other noteworthy stuff i would have to say would be some of the tracks on the "lord willin" album my fav's on that would be the intro joint and the "ma' i don't love her"...but i have to give it to the cat's because they got all the basis covered..i mean they do all kind of tracks which is crazy because most will just stick to one genre but they do that rock shit and all kinds of other tracks..Like i said i'm wit ya'll when it comes to the "oh this album must be hot because they got a few neptune tracks on it" i see that all too often. Basically if you got a hungry artist and he/she came up with the loot to get a wack neptune track shit would sell regardless..that's the sad truth of this game...cat's don't really like what they like they like what everyone else likes...that's were i'm different..before i would buy some dickridin shit i would bump some ol' gangstarr or better yet Ian Kamozie..lol lol j/k "here comes the hot stepper" OMG I wonder what happend to that cat...? ? Peace

Peace Love Respect,

Ya boy Kevlar

What people don't seem to understand about the Neptunes is that they paid the cost, and established a sound that America had to get used to (Mystikal's song really kicked things off). I've been a fan ever since the SWV song "Use Your Heart" in which they wrote and produced. Yes its true that its obvious Chad does all the extensive work, seeing that he is a great synth programmer and knows more theory. The part to appreciate about Pharrel is that he isnt just sitting around while Chad does the beats. Without Pharrell, most of the drum patterns wouldnt have existed or the flava. I met Chad during a convention last summer here in Chicago, seems like a easy going semi-lame type dude, not knocking him. You need cats like Pharrel for flava, which rap and r&b is based on... flava. Grindin was a leftover drum pattern from Pharrel with added tones, FLAVA sold da record!! Also think like this; Pharrel probably aint making as much as Chad on the production side because Chad does most of the work. Thats why Pharrel sings chrouses and does cameo appearences in videos and on stage... HE HAS TO! Without his voice on the beats, he wouldnt get royalties like that. Think like this... if you were Chad, would you be partners with a guy who makes the same amount you do on production, and makes extra money off singing choruses to the beats you did majority of??? Hell no! Now that he has a name, Chad can venture off if he wanted to; but at the end of the day; with Pharrel bunny hoppin around on stage, they break sort of even. Thats friendship and business at its best.

B - "Can ya do like a Grindin', but different? Ya know, like Grindin' Part 2?"

CH - "Shut the fuck up, I just patched in this spring 'verb, and I wanna see what it does."

PW - "Whoa."

Mr. SoL said:
that new Busta beat is straight garbage!! a disgrace to true gameboy midi sounds!!

I thaught it was just me but i guess not. its like they said lets make busta look like a busta and give him some bullshit to flow to

im glad im not the only 1 thinks thats..its only good cause busta is on it..but it is straight wack...

did u all hear the they are gettin accused of jackin beats off the net..if i find the article i will post it..i saw it on my music choice channel news

Back