Need advice from Hip Hop heads..

stealth_prod

Ok I wanted to come here because I would like some personal suggestions from the people that actually know hip hop.

Im looking to invest in another mic in my studio and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the AT4040 or the Shure Sm7B?

I know they are different as far as condernsor and dynamic but my biggest concern is purchasing one and not being happy with it. I have a ART MP V3 preamp (yeah I know) so im not sure I have enough to juice the SM7B. Does anyone have any personal experience with either one of these?

Ive recorded hip hop and R&b now for about 2 years and its time to expand but the online reviews just dont do it for me. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

Ok I wanted to come here because I would like some personal suggestions from the people that actually know hip hop.

Im looking to invest in another mic in my studio and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the AT4040 or the Shure Sm7B?

I know they are different as far as condernsor and dynamic but my biggest concern is purchasing one and not being happy with it. I have a ART MP V3 preamp (yeah I know) so im not sure I have enough to juice the SM7B. Does anyone have any personal experience with either one of these?

Ive recorded hip hop and R&b now for about 2 years and its time to expand but the online reviews just dont do it for me. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

Both are great mic's. The Preamp is made to power the condenser, so it'll have enough power. the AT4040 of course being the condenser, it has more crisp and it's frequency range is wider. The SM7 is also a great mic, I love the mic myself, it has a warmer sound to it with a shorter frequency range than the AT. Personally I would go with the AT4040 because of it's ability to be used in a wider range of frequencies. You can always warm it up.

Back