Necessity of hearing own voice

YDvoyc

I decided to go with AT2020. However, there are a couple of versions.
My questions are, if I am recording rap vovals:
If I am wearing closed headphones (to hear the beat, and so that it does not echo in the mic), do I need to hear my own voice played live in the headphones (I guess I will not hear my voice naturally in closed headphones opposed to freestyling without headphones, could this create a problem)?
If I need to hear my voice - If talking USB-mics, AT2020USB doesn't have a built-in headphones jack so my live voice will be delayed (I read it will be software processed through separate headphones output); the question is should I go with AT2020USB+ which has a headphones jack? Or it's no use in rapping (maybe my live voice will come with beat from software) - this is my confusion, will I make any use of that jack?
(PS While at it, should I just get AT2020 (which has headphones jack), or AT2020USBi (no headphones jack) for the sake of 24bit versus 16bit (given I am at home, not at studio, and will be happy with decent quality)? (Need to understand the usefulness of built-in headphones jack if to buy USBi)?
Thank you and have a nice day. Hope you enjoy complexity of question

If you cab rap without hearing your voice in headphones, that's not an unreasonable way of doing it.

If you want to hear your voice in the headphones, then the AT2020USB+ sounds like a good way to go.

Recording in 16bit is not going to affect the quality of your recording in any significant way.

Back