Nas pays 2 million for Neptune's beat

Hmm lets see what I can buy today....
another mansion??? nahhhh
20 cars??? nahhh
how bout I go spend 2 mil on a beat.... yea!

This is eather going to be a big hit or its going to come out and people are going to be like damn... thats a good song but 2 mil for a beat???

Yea, I'm pretty interested in hearing this musical creation. Apparently P Diddy, Busta Rhymes, and Beanie Seigel think its top notch. Busta Rhymes says it could be the biggest hit in hip hop history, and that's quite the statement.

I'd have troubles paying $2 for that crap.

"Im busy with recording my best album so far and money doesnt play a part"

Obviously neither does self expression.

I could be the only Non believer in here, but I don't believe it! Maybe if it happens, I'll eat my Kangol, but until then it's straight Surf n Turf.....
Nah but, #1 that was generated by some European website. How in the hell will they get first hand info like that before other major website, newspaper, magazine, or any other media outlet? I'm selling that thought! Plus 2 million, there can't be such a beat! If there is, It better come with a vagina variety pack............I don't believe! Nas needs to be smacked too, because it's the MC that can make a hot beat even hotter and he's to much veteran for that!

yea

yea sounds like a publicity stunt to me...diddy is famous for those. it should be interesting to hear though. cant wait for that new nas.

Pcp are you repping Charlotte right now?
I'm thinking about relocating there soon! Is it hopping?
Never really checked it out. Been through a time or two just to chill overnight, but I'm trying to leave expensive ass Boston! Don't get me wrong, the Bean will always be home, but it's time to bounce!

nah i moved outta charlotte about a year ago im down in fla though...i love boston its one of the best cities in the world in my opinion. if you go to charlotte youll be dissapointed as far as there being shit to do and what not, but its a good place, its chill and its growing real fast. as far as the scene, its not too bad theres a lotta cats up there and a few clubs and a couple radio stations. i lived there for 18 years so i can tell you just about everything you need to know. have you ever been there before?

I've been to Charlotte, for a quick overnight though!
I plan to pop in on my way back from my family reunion in Louisiana next month. I can relocate with my Job there and still earn good money, plus I see the Housing market is real good. I want to sell my property here and buy a brand new joint there. I was curious about the nightlife and other points of interests that may be there........I don't want to go somewhere that'll have me going crazy trying to find something to do!

yea if you go north of charlotte (thats where im from) theres still a lot of cheap land but its all getting developed like crazy so you may want to hurry. to be honest with you i never really found much shit to do around there (except drugs) but i guess if you meet the right people and find the right spots youll be straight, its not too bad.

what record company would pay $2m for a single beat? let alone an artist. do you know how many records Nas would have to sell to recoup his money?

plus, if the beat gets jacked on somebody's mixtape before Nas can release it... then what?

if Busta and Diddy have heard it, then there is nothing to stop them from going back to their teams of producers and have them replicate the major elements of the beat and release it first.

now, paying Neptunes $2m to produce your entire release... that's believable.

I doubt it is just for one beat... But is just goes to show you the growth of hip hop... Obvisously they believe they will easily make the chesse back to eve consider that price....

Raticus...

Back