My shot at something new

BALKI

I got sick of asking cats around the way for beat joint z so I've decided to make my own. Note some of my beats might not suit some of you younger audiences in the rap game, but that's totally understandable since my ears are still set back in the early 90's when i started spitting. I'm fairly new at this so give me a break or two till i egress. My beats are very simple so a few of em have more of an old school hip hop feel to em. I know one thing i will be learning here in a week or two & that is my drum change ups.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=664601

Last edited:
The drums give the beat a good structure I think...but I don't really like the vocal sample. Seems kinda fast and the pitch is weird. If you're as new as you say you are, then it's OK.

The drums give the beat a good structure I think...but I don't really like the vocal sample. Seems kinda fast and the pitch is weird. If you're as new as you say you are, then it's OK.

You must be talking about beat#4 & I do agree about the voice sample someday being annoying at times. I was adding random effects & got caught up by. not letting my ears rest for awhile. Thanx for the feedback on that beat & by. all means yes I am very new to making beats. I use to have a old Boss Dr. Groove back in 200o that i use to fool around with & my Motif that i use on occasion, but never used software in my life. I use all hardware & just record it through my mixer. It's hard as hell programming drums by. hand man, but i think i'm getting used too it.

Back