My friend made this Rap song, what u think?

Needs help on the mixing...the music sounded like it was coming from a casio keyboard across the room...however the bass was curiously present.

I liked some of his lyrical work...i think there is definite talent there...

Most rap songs, since the actual melodies can be limited, focus on having elaborate/interesting drum tracks. On this song, it sounds like he put zero effort into creating the drum track. It's as vanilla as I've ever heard.

Don't mean to be cruel.

Peace

ummm i thought it was alright. Depending on what kind of rap you listen too. I liked the beat, still your vocals were too loud compared to the rest of the track. The back up i think had to much reverb, But over all i give it a 5 outta 10. Still needs work, but it sounds like with time you could unleash a fatal track. one

a little odd.. he's not a great rapper at all.. but hey

the beat needs to come up A LOT!!!
bsanfordnyc basically said everything..

bsanfordnyc said:
It's as vanilla as I've ever heard.

Don't mean to be cruel.

Peace

That's fucking hilarious. I hate rap,(I have no idea why I am here) there was some good hip hop back in the day, the whole genre just sucks ass these days. (50 cent, give me a fucking break.) ANYWAYS, I think this is mixed really well, it's not mixed like a rap song so I see why it sounds "vanilla". The guy can also rap pretty damn good, I didn't hear any stumbling. Sounds good.

Bass and beat is all wrong for the genre -- it needs to pump and it doesn't even come close!

Sketchpad-demo quality is about all he's managed to achieve on this clip....

You gotta be fuckin kidding right. this sounds like some shit out of a B movie. haha hahaha ahahahahahahahahahaha

Dj17 said:
this guy NEEDS a good instrumental.

And he needs to get on some real fucking tracks.

I would love to work with this guy. LOL

I like his delivery. Different, but so was M & M.

Someone could really get this guy going with some work.

not basing this on this song because,, the lyrical content was too young MCish and the track just plain ole sucks,, but the guy can flip it and stay on time.

And leave the vox loud like they are. I dont wanna hear that track at all.

my.02

Malcolm

agrees

very eminemish without me like flow.
i hear the Without Me instrumental instead of this crap, and the guy doesn't sound bad at all.

FattMusiek said:
That's fucking hilarious. I hate rap,(I have no idea why I am here) there was some good hip hop back in the day, the whole genre just sucks ass these days. (50 cent, give me a fucking break.) ANYWAYS, I think this is mixed really well, it's not mixed like a rap song so I see why it sounds "vanilla". The guy can also rap pretty damn good, I didn't hear any stumbling. Sounds good.

^i agree..the "rap golden age" is long gone...but whatever..yes, the beat is simple and stuff should be added to it ya know? plus as somebody said before it needs to be mixed better...after a while the voice gets anoying..but i guess theres nothing you can do bout that really..just turn it down

bsanfordnyc said:
You mean like "DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince" old school stuff?

lmao..yes
..except DJ Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince have soul..
..this rapper sound like he aint takin it seriously. it's comedy rap, na mean?

Back