My first song produced

This needs to be mixed better. Actually it sounds like it hasn't been mixed yet and it also sounds like the vocals were recorded at max volume and are currently at max volume. The beat is a really basic beat so getting the levels correct shouldn't be hard to do. Best advice for you right now would be for you to always remember that the radio volume can be turned up so you don't have to put max volumes up for the listener.

I agree. Mix is not good at all. Try and get the vocal levels to gel with the backing track. Listen to the mix on other speakers such as in your car and compare your mix to a commercial track. Not too shabby for your first try though. Keep at it son.

Yeah I agree with the mixing. I want to hear the bang in the beat, but otherwise for your first production I feel its very good. I'd like to hear the melody on top of that a bit more as well. Let me know what you think of my stuff. I posted on here already and I don't want to spam the forums.

Be sure to post songs in the mp3 mixing clinic section of this site also since there are people that go there that don't visit here that may have helpful advice for you

Okay first thing I hear strictly from an overall standpoint is that there is no hook! I keep saying this over and over again the most significant component of todays rap or pop music is the hook! Your beats are pretty decent, the lyrics are typical for this particular geographical segment of rap but with no hook it just plods on and on. As mentioned several other times your vocals aren't mixed well but that's technical. All in all for a beginner pretty decent, keep working though and DONT FORGET THE HOOK!!!

Back