Mixing And Mastering For Money

Girlnezz

Who here knows how to master and mix songs like a professional? I want to have a song I did on a Timbaland beat mastered and mixed...I was looking over the internet for professional audio masterers but they don't want to master a copyrighted song.(it aint like I'm gon earn money from it or sumthin) i'll be willing to pay for someone to do this for me. PLEASE HELP.

You cannot really master a song such as you describe unless it's on seperate tracks.

Secondly, the Timbaland track is already mastered, that's the reason no one will touch it, honestly all you need is a good MIX
but that should have been taken care of when it was recorded, whether by you or a producer.

If Timbalands beat was already a MASTERED 2 track, all you had to do was get the placing of backgrounds and such, get the lead correct and BOOM --- do what you need to do

but no one's gonna master it, cause their probably thinking
"suppose she does try to shop it", or "it get's play"

The Business side of this beautiful thing we call music will rear it's ugly head, and they dont want to be apart of it.

I've had guys asked me to do the same thing, and I turned them down.

Girl...

Clear & simple:

1. The Timbo track is already mastered.

2. If you drop vox on it, all you need is (probably) good processing on your vocals & a good mix (the "mix" being mixing your vocals in well with the track). That should be done by the same person who records your vocals to the track. If it's you, do your best & go-for-broke.

3. If I put original tracks on my mixtapes, they are mastered before they make it to the mixtape, but that's cause they gotta be mastered before they are ready for public consumption.

3a. Altruist was still kinda right with his statement - you could probably get away with a good 2-track mix, unmastered, on your mixtape (of original stuff, I mean). If it's your vox over a beat offa wax or whatever, then leave it alone, especially if it's sounding hella good as an instrumental. So, if economics is an issue, or you're just happy with the sound, GO FOR IT!!!

4. Do a search online & read up on what mastering is, when & why it's done.

5. Do a search online & read up on mixing techinques & getting a good 2-track mix.

6. Fuck all that other shit. Trust me...

Hope that helps...

Diendolo

I probably shouldn't ven ask this, but is he gonna MIX it for you or MASTER it for you.

Just wondering...

diendolo

Back