MINDSET motivation...

Venom

"You Don't Really Want It With Me"

That beat is absolutly amazing... :eek:

How do even begin something like that? where do you get all the sounds? do you make them, are they keyboard presets? how do...

Uhg i wish i could produce like that..........

Nuendo 3, Sylus RMX, controllers, and a 12 pack & a couple friends lol other times, I use a new and improved Neko sounds come from like 7 different keyboards extracted using a special software from the Neko.

Alright what tha hell is all this?

(Nuendo 3, Sylus RMX, controllers, Neko)

I dunno what any of that means lol

stray411 said:
I don't like to be negative...but this is just wrong.

Mindset didn’t make that beat.

This dude made that beat…listen for yourself.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=86057&songID=3933278

And it was made on Fruity Loops.

Fronting like he made the beat is bad enough…but telling other dudes they need unnecessary shit is outta hand.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
im am so shell shocked right now..
:( :mad:

Stray where you been..whats been up..

stray411 said:
I don't like to be negative...but this is just wrong.

Mindset didn’t make that beat.

This dude made that beat…listen for yourself.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=86057&songID=3933278

And it was made on Fruity Loops.

Fronting like he made the beat is bad enough…but telling other dudes they need unnecessary shit is outta hand.
Dang...

I'm sure Alex has an explanation. :confused:

*Giving benefit of the doubt*

Im sure he does..

**blame it on the Artist**

unles it was him rappin.

Houston, we have a problem..

bknot1 said:
:Stray where you been..whats been up..
Living in the land of beat block.

I wasn't trying to pull anyone’s card…I was posting that for Venom’s benefit. You don’t need all that shit…just Fruity Loops and talent.

That’s the only point I wanted to make. Whether Mindset is credible or not…y’all can decide that for yourselves.

I didn't say I made that beat, I recorded it and produced the whole song for $$. I was telling ole' boy that that's what I use while making beats. That track was done with Weatherman featuring up on a track with Titan & Kaos.

I feel disrespected. When I post material, just as that song, or a Weatherman song, or a Kaos song, does not mean I done it all, from beat to writing the track. I'm a producer/engineer & do my own thing. I show my tracks recorded in studio A/D/G and receive feedback for mixes/production that were done by me.

BTW, Have I ever gave ANY wrong advice, or facts about anything knowledgable said to anyone on this board? Not to my memory.

Last edited:
Mindset said:
I didn't say I made that beat, I recorded it and produced the whole song for $$. I was telling ole' boy that that's what I use while making beats. That track was done with Weatherman featuring up on a track with Titan & Kaos.

I feel disrespected. When I post material, just as that song, or a Weatherman song, or a Kaos song, does not mean I done it all, from beat to writing the track. I'm a producer/engineer & do my own thing. I show my tracks recorded in studio A/D/G and receive feedback for mixes/production that were done by me.

BTW, Have I ever gave ANY wrong advice, or facts about anything knowledgable said to anyone on this board? Not to my memory.

No disrespect intended, fam.

It came off like you were claiming you made the beat. You clearly didn't intend it that way, but his question was:

That beat is absolutly amazing...

How do even begin something like that? where do you get all the sounds? do you make them, are they keyboard presets? how do...

I assume everyone thought he was asking how you made the beat, not how you tracked the song. When you replied with:
Nuendo 3, Sylus RMX, controllers, and a 12 pack & a couple friends lol other times, I use a new and improved Neko sounds come from like 7 different keyboards extracted using a special software from the Neko.

It made it seem like you were saying, that's how you made the beat... not how you tracked the vocals and engineered it.

Simple misunderstanding, imo. ;)

Haha sorry to cause all the misunderstanding, i was jus blown away with that beat...
and if thats jus FL i got some work to do cuz that track motivated me alot... Ima be that good someday, jus wait ya'll.

Change of POETS said:
No disrespect intended, fam.

It came off like you were claiming you made the beat. You clearly didn't intend it that way, but his question was:

I assume everyone thought he was asking how you made the beat, not how you tracked the song. When you replied with:

It made it seem like you were saying, that's how you made the beat... not how you tracked the vocals and engineered it.

Simple misunderstanding, imo. ;)
:D yeah.....what Change said.....but for future reference....lol..if u didnt make the beat..just give credit to the original beatmaker......like

Title of Song
Artist
Music Produced By
Mixed, Arranged, Recorded By

cause as it looks on your site u and the artist takin credit for the composer work and we all know its a no no...and with all free beats (this is why i dont make mines free) you should be sending the owner a copy of the recording and your intentions on using their work...to work out an agreement...

dont worry u still respected...:D

bknot1 said:
:D yeah.....what Change said.....but for future reference....lol..if u didnt make the beat..just give credit to the original beatmaker......like

Title of Song
Artist
Music Produced By
Mixed, Arranged, Recorded By

cause as it looks on your site u and the artist takin credit for the composer work and we all know its a no no...and with all free beats (this is why i dont make mines free) you should be sending the owner a copy of the recording and your intentions on using their work...to work out an agreement...

dont worry u still respected...:D

Damn Right he iz...ya dig

Mindset said:

I'm not even going to go back and see how all of this evolved! I'm sure it's a misunderstanding that's not even important at this point! Mindset, if you need something, holler at me dogg! 'Cause I know I'm gonna be bugging you for clarification on some sh*t, you speak my language. Thanks for info you have passed on, once again Homie!

I think mindset was just showing venom what he uses to make beats....but anyway it really doesn't matter what program you use it's how you use it. you can sit around and make beats with those stock sounds for years and it will never sound pro quality, or you can take a few weeks and focus on building up your soundbank and also start recording your own sounds and learning how to tweak things out so you can have an edge and a "sound: that is your own unique style.

DesertEase said:
I think mindset was just showing venom what he uses to make beats....but anyway it really doesn't matter what program you use it's how you use it. you can sit around and make beats with those stock sounds for years and it will never sound pro quality, or you can take a few weeks and focus on building up your soundbank and also start recording your own sounds and learning how to tweak things out so you can have an edge and a "sound: that is your own unique style.

If you look at Stylus RMX (which is only around $300-400), you'll see that it comes with 7.4gb of sounds. All of them are high quality 44.1 24 bit sounds too, I think a couple of them were 16 bit but I'm not sure. That could be a great place to build up a sound bank. One of the sound designers used to be head of Roland's design team or whatever, making & designing all the older top roland key's then they kicked him off because of money I think it was, and then the dude came and made sounds for the newer Stylus RMX, so the sounds became top notch.

Mindset said:
If you look at Stylus RMX (which is only around $300-400), you'll see that it comes with 7.4gb of sounds. All of them are high quality 44.1 24 bit sounds too, I think a couple of them were 16 bit but I'm not sure. That could be a great place to build up a sound bank. One of the sound designers used to be head of Roland's design team or whatever, making & designing all the older top roland key's then they kicked him off because of money I think it was, and then the dude came and made sounds for the newer Stylus RMX, so the sounds became top notch.

How's the learing curve with the Stylus RMX?
I am not much of a software person, other than Reason and Sonar and a little FL, but I wanna look into Stylus too! I know we all learn differently, but just want to hear your opinions on how well you caught on.

Back