Midi Help

HEARTTYME

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: is it just me or does any 1 else get signal delays when using midi.it makes real hard 2 work in real time do anybody know any ways 2 work around this situation? :confused:

Signal delays in MIDI?

Not unless your clocks aren't in synch. Make sure one is designated master, the other as slave. Should be fine.

Sounds like you’re talking about latency, which doesn’t really have anything to do with MIDI. If you’re using a stock soundcard, you’ll have to deal with the delay. ASIO4ALL will make it a little better, but you’ll need to buy an aftermarket card/interface to be able to do anything in real time.

www.asio4all.com

i have a tascam us 122 interface with asio drivers and i downloaded a asio4all driver and i still get a long delay in time sometimes when i hit keys succesively they dont even play at all. i tried adjusting the latency in the control panel from the lowest 2 the highest and nothing works and sometimes playback just dropsout completely.any ideas? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

HEARTTYME said:
i have a tascam us 122 interface with asio drivers and i downloaded a asio4all driver and i still get a long delay in time sometimes when i hit keys succesively they dont even play at all. i tried adjusting the latency in the control panel from the lowest 2 the highest and nothing works and sometimes playback just dropsout completely.any ideas? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

How fast is your computer

Back