**Making Your Beats Full Sounding???

Heres an Idea

In terms of decent monitors i am VERY VERY pleased with the monitoring im getting from a Logitech z 340 package.

You might scratch your head and be like wtf?
But the response imo is very flat and not very forgiving if your signals are out of wack.

But i know ill get hammered if i dont put this part out there.

I took some of my mixdowns to a professional recording house and they had some Tannoy Reveals as their main monitors.

Yo the difference between my Logitech and the Tannoys was negligible. I received a very good response from the engineer there considering i dont record using pro tools and he even asked me what i monitor with.

He took a step back when i told him the Logitech z 340's

By the way i got them at office max for 50 bucks

Its two satellites and a subwoofer and its self powered so you dont need to really run an amp to it.

But in terms of giving a beat a full sound...tubes make a difference no doubt.
However a sh*tty tube setup will add unwanted noise that makes your life hell if you dont record in the analogue realm.

So im cool with tube emulation sort of like what Antares has to offer or even a tube plug in.

Im looking at getting a tube/ solid state preamp from Behringer. The T 1953. But in light of recent research im looking into dropping a good 6 or 700 dollars on a better rated preamp it all depends on what id get out of it.

I really want some quiet amplification. And ive already checked the T1953 out and it sounds GOOOD... but i wanna see how much better i can get in terms of sound from a different preamp.

But yes
CHORDS make stuff sound fuller ...however dont think of chords as a piano term. use chords with synths guitars strings chimes they make a difference also do not over look power chords..

you basically construct a two key chord and put another one into the chord an octave up so it would be like

A C A (An octave up or down)
POWER CHORD
its a cop out but it does the trick every now and then

Also try doubling instruments like strings or horns
one octave up or down

Oh yeah it gets better

Ill put something up real soon that provides an example

Peace

illacov, good info; Im interested in reading more; whats up? Anyone else?? This power chord thing sounds good so far.

You guys are arguing about nothing....

again... :rolleyes: :D

If you want to sound like Timbaland how bout using what Timbaland uses...

A Triton and a ASR-10.

Then practice on your mixing thats the only way you really get it down. I mean everyone in here can tell you how they think you should get there and it boils down to learning your craft.

Back