Looking for contributors

lee miran

It's been a long time since I posted here. I've been really busy.

Anyway, my partner and I are relaunching our website and will be selling beats via it and an mp3.com page. As part of the relauch, we would like to start a monthly newsletter geared towards unsigned talent (primarily hip hop, but not necessarily).

The newsletter will include articles on making a demo at home, shopping a demo, marketing yourself locally, etc. It will also include tips and spotlight an artist that has purchased our beats and recorded to them.

Right now I am looking for people willing to contribute with articles and also 3 rappers who would like to receive a free non-exclusive license of one of our beats. These three would agree to making a good sounding recording rapping over the beat and will be spotlighted in the first three issues of the newsletter.

If you are interested at all, please PM me. Also feel free to preview the, as yet unfinished, re-designed site - http://www.domebrothers.com/index2.htm

PEACE

I would definately be interested, man.

I'm going away for a week now.

I'm interested in being "one of the three" as it were.

I also might do one or two articles for ya if ya wanted.

As I said I'm off for a week now, so we'd have to arrange everything when I got back.

If ya looking to check my skills, I'm getting summit up (finally) - I'm gonna finish the lyrics off whilst on holiday and get em rec'ed when I get back.

I'll PM ya so ya know this post is here.

addys:

yahoo: damntasche

email: damntasche@yahoo.co.uk

MSN: damntasche@yahoo.co.uk

Alright, now it's time to pander. This thread got about 90 views and hardly anyone responded. There are so many skilled and knowledgeable people here. No one else would like to contribute articles?

Most likely the lack of response is due to the impression that you want people to write articles. Most people here would gladly give you tips and tricks to get good recordings, how they shop a demo, and so on. They wouldn't, however, be too keen on being reponsible for the accuracy and reliability of their views. Most of these people are amateurs, so perhaps you should ask them for some tips and then give someone else the responsibility of collaborating the results into a thoughtful piece of literature.

hope this helps...

-L

leonardjamaar said:
Most likely the lack of response is due to the impression that you want people to write articles. Most people here would gladly give you tips and tricks to get good recordings, how they shop a demo, and so on. They wouldn't, however, be too keen on being reponsible for the accuracy and reliability of their views. Most of these people are amateurs, so perhaps you should ask them for some tips and then give someone else the responsibility of collaborating the results into a thoughtful piece of literature.

hope this helps...

-L

Thanks, for the insightful post. You make a great point. While I would love someone to volunteer to contribute by writing an article, any tips would be appreciated, especially on the matter of marketing a demo. What have some of you done?

If you still need contributors hit me up. I am a professional engineer and would be more than willing to share techniques, especially for hip hop. Can't offer much on shopping and promotion, but I stay hidden in the lab like a vampire. We're renovating right now so I got time.

Peace.

If you still need contributors hit me up. I am a professional engineer and would be more than willing to share techniques, especially for hip hop. Can't offer much on shopping and promotion, but I stay hidden in the lab like a vampire. We're renovating right now so I got time.

Peace.

Big Piece -

I'm open. Send me an email at mail@domeNOSPAMbrothers.com (don't forget to take the NO SPAM part out of the address) about what you have in mind. Maybe something like the top 5 things to avoid when mixing or recording, etc.

PEACE

Back