like T-Pain

gullyjewelz

anyone heard of autotune - supposedly a great plug in software program for adjusting a singer's voice so that the notes being hit are much more "noteworthy" - like Roger from Zapp and T-Pain too -

anyone use this type of progrma? or know about Autotune>?

I have Autotune..use it every once in awhile..was goin to do a singin chorus like that on a track,,,

and for the record Roger used a talk box (tube in the mouth)..a little be different..everyone get these effect mixed up..

you have:

Talk box (Roger Used)
Vocoder (Cher used)
Autotune (T-Pain uses)

Last edited:
this is how you get the effect in Autotune

Press Set Major
Tracking To 100 Relaxed
Retune To 0 Fast

then tweak to your taste..

I have it but haven't played around with it all that much. I might have to try that on some hooks just for shits and giggles.

T-Pains Music is over saturated with that Autotune to the point where it is irritating. Overkill, to say the least!!! I think if it is used in moderation and in certain areas, for a purpose, that is cool! But a whole joint? Where's the (T) Painkillers?????

he has made it his signature sound...he spent many years trying to get his foot in the door..and it wasnt happendind..so he changed up ..stop rappin and started singing..a yes he can sing with out the autotune..and got picked up to Akon label and the rest is history...

bknot1 said:
he has made it his signature sound...he spent many years trying to get his foot in the door..and it wasnt happendind..so he changed up ..stop rappin and started singing..a yes he can sing with out the autotune..and got picked up to Akon label and the rest is history...

I know, but I heard him sing and he sounds pretty good without that. I just hate that every song has it! But hey, that's why he's selling albums and I'm not :p

bknot1 said:
lol..its just they havent found you yet...:D

It's Good!
I'm like you though bro, I want to be involved more behind the scenes as a producer. I can show someone how to sing a song, I just don't have the energy to do it myself. I can retire in 9 years and I hope that I have a decent foundation in Music, so I can transition into it to supplement my retirement payments. (If I take that route) But who know how thing will be in the industry by then. So I must keep up with the changes............

so true..I retire in 3 years form one job..before i decide what i want to do when I grow up..i depends on how many placements i get in the next few years..and if any is bring any income from royalties..i know i will alway do music..just dont know if it will be my next career..but im def. goin to stay behind the scenes..i just love hearing arting on my work..make me feel good..

thats why if its a beat on my page someone wants thats not sold..let me know and i will send it to you..:D

Well I Like The Tpain Sound - At Least - Each Of The Mega Hits He's Had - Im Feelin The Sound Effect Thru Out The Song . . . Now As Far As Retirin - Sheit - Im No Way Near That - If Music Dont Pay The Bills - I Will Be Somewher In A Psych Ward!!! But Thats Anothe Story.

I Checked Out The Auto Tune Plug In - Sheit - Its $300 In The Store - I May Have To Go Underground For This One!!!

dont get me wrong i like what he doing,,he took something that most frown apon and made it a hit signature sound for you..and that what nice about it..

Do any of you guys kno where u can dl this program for free? ive been looking cant find anything id love to use this cause i cant sing at all haha and it would help me when i wanna make some hooks thanks in advance

it wont help you if you cant sing....you can download the free trial from the site

bknot1 said:
it wont help you if you cant sing....you can download the free trial from the site

No doubt!
I heard him sing and he sounds pretty good! Autotune will only make a bad voice sound worst.......

Trumpspade said:
T-Pains Music is over saturated with that Autotune to the point where it is irritating. Overkill, to say the least!!! I think if it is used in moderation and in certain areas, for a purpose, that is cool! But a whole joint? Where's the (T) Painkillers?????

I agree. I guess we have Cher to thank when she used the effect in that dance single "Life after love". That effect with Auto-tune was done by using it wrong and now everyone uses that effect. Maybe too much...

if you have had ANY look whatsoever outside the hip hop scene in the last 8 years or so..you'd know that shit has been (ab)used to death.

It's been (ab)used in the hip hop scene too now. I personally don't mind it as I was a long time fan of Roger Troutman (R.I.P.), so when I hear that I think of him. But yes sometimes it does get a little excessive.

Back