Lets Record No Complication ??Possible?? HELP!

Cascoballa

See I want to start recording better sounding material on my computer right now I use the legal version of acoustica mixcraft because it is easy to use. Now I want to sound more studio like and I am on a budget. So I wanna know what is the best thing to get while on a budget to record cheaply. Should I get something with a phantom mic whatever that is. Just get a new microphone, soundcard??? Is this stuff simple to setup. I really need your input.

Casco, it depends on how "cheap" you're wanting to go. I would definitely invest in phantom mics, a small mic amp, and a digital soundcard. I have a M-Audio Delta-44 soundcard that I traded with my ex-producer/mentor for a midi controller that he wanted from me. Musician's Friend is selling it for $150. I then bought a Behringer Ultragain Mic100 amp that I got for $50 (should still be that price on musiciansfriend.com) and a Behringer Eurorack UB1202 mixer for $80 (also on musiciansfriend.com). Those things alone set me back $300 (I paid about the same price for the midi controller I traded so I added that in) but I bought it all in pieces. Then I threw in a Behringer compressor so I could wire it in with the mixer. You don't have to do that, that was just my choice. The mic I got was a Brand-X mic. I may invest in a new one later down the line but for right now it does what I need it to. I think I spent $40. You can get a good phantom powered mic for a decent price. Check musicansfriend and Guitar Center stores if you have one there. But if you're wanting to use software like Cubase, Sonar, or Acid for your vocals, you must invest in the soundcard. I think throughout the years I've been getting my setup where I want it I've probably dropped about $3000 and I still plan on adding to it.

Back