Laid back style (BEATS)....

LAZI

MELLOW TRACKS

Really haven't been in the lab good for the last month or so but I got the RM1X and ASR-X at the crib. Been dabbling whenever I could be still... Really about all I need plus a little more focus on the programing....

DSRFD is all RM1X and the others got RM1X instruments and drums samples/sounds from the ASR-X..... All sequnced from the RM1X.... I didn't have any decent keys and the mixes are from headphones and home stereo speakers so somethings are kinda sloppy but ya know.... May never get em right though....

But yeah mellow tracks inspired by the fact I need to be working on some new shit for my boy YUSUF MALIK. These are a lttle too fast and synthy for his style of music but it's around as mellow as I usually get.. I got so shit for his next project though... Including some sick live shit....

Anyways....

MELLOW TRACKS

Leave me a link to your thread and i'll get at it. I'm in the habit of of popping in and not scrolling down past the newest topics or some shit. Miss some shit or never come back to it....

Lazi, I'm gonna peep these tracks in a bit.

I just wanted to say well done on the improvements you've made to Yusuf Mailk. It's beginning to shape up real nice.

Tight work on both of these Lazi. I really liked "The Reflex". That stuttered sound you have in there is sick. Real nice groove on that one.

I'm thinking about picking up an RM1X. I've only heard dance type demos before so it's cool to hear some smoother tracks like these.

You ever use the job functions? Which ones and for what? Do you ever use the arpeggiator on it? Let me know.

Good work on the tracks as always.

Stray

ABYYSS... Still working on some of those ideas you shot me. Some of the programming just wont take... Like the PHOTO GALLERY won't load for some reason... The BBS and chat won't show up... And that fool won't give me the info... But I started some artwork for my sites and I hope to have em all up and solid at the same time. Preciate ya....

STRAY... Yo I love this box man... It's just versatile as hell.I've gone from standalone beat box to full blown setup controller like it wasn't shit. This box handles shit like a computer but interfaces like good hardware should. Those damn JOB functions do everything under the sun plus some shit.... You can literally do surgery on a sequence down to controllers. Serious programming can be done for sure...Then you got the note edit screen that's easy to use... As a sequencer shit is just dope. As a synth.... Things get kinda hard to call.... Youre probably not gonna plug in a sound and love it off top. But this box got all the tweaks right there... It's got some real easy to use basses.... And once I put the EQ on the rest that shit it was over... ADSR til it's sitting right... But sometimes it's just hard to get the cheese out... Luckily the sounds complement better sound sets nicely and/or it's just easy as hell to grab a module and plug up to replace that sound come tracking time. Like on REFLEX i'd probably use a JV1010 guitar and 01/W keys instead. ARP... Don't really use it.... It works cool and you can setup some pretty interesting arps using stuff like the MIDI DELAY, GROOVE GRID, and PLAT EFX parmaters.... In fact you can probably do some pretty sick arps if you really get into it... Hold up......

Ohhh shit.... The arp is sickkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to do a quick beat since i was at it.... :D

But yeah it's a dope piece... I's proabably cop a RS7000 next though since it's got the same features plus the sampler..

BKNOT... Ima get at it.....

Yo there was this cat selling one for 300 if you want to get at him I can help you locate him maybe....

But word... With your style of sequencing and modules you should be happy with this box. Easy to setup the midi channels and all... If they ever make one of these things with 32+ channels i'd be set for life. Fuck a 4000 or software....

Yo been tryin to peep those joints for a couple of days now. I can't get them to playback all the way. I'm a try again tommorrow though.

Back